What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Imitate script

[Request] Imitate script
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Happy  [Request] Imitate script
I think this being one of the most if not the most sought out script and possible 3/4 of the reason people install MessengerDiscovery Live! is because of the imitate feature. In case of those who are not aware of it:

the Imitate (!imitate) feature in MessengerDiscovery Live! allows you to write something and make it look like your contact wrote it simply by coping the exact nick (AFAIK it doesnt work properly with Plus! formatted nicknames)  "says:" (which causes a problem in non english speaking conversations/messengers) and then posting the message you wrote using their font, color and font size/attributes. To even make it more confusing, it also updates the last message recieved at: to make it even more shady. In a group conversation, it gets the information from the last person who wrote something.

I ask script developers; Is Plus! and Plus!' scripting engine capable of making this script work 100%?
07-17-2007 02:45 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Imitate script
As has been said in numerous other threads about this, the problem is the font.  Both getting and setting the font are the two most difficult parts as Plus!'s scripting engine does not have any simple methods for them.  To do this would require packet sniffing to get the font and using some API calls to set the font.

This script is possible to make but I don't think anyone will do it because all of the really good script developers who would be able to do this can't be bothered to make such a script because there is no real purpose other than a little fun.  If you take a look around in the scripts database and look at scripts that the likes of -dt-, Matty, CookieRevised, etc. have made, there are very practical applications for them where this is entirely for a 2 second laugh.
[Image: markee.png]
07-17-2007 03:02 AM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Request] Imitate script
quote:
Originally posted by markee
As has been said in numerous other threads about this, the problem is the font.  Both getting and setting the font are the two most difficult parts as Plus!'s scripting engine does not have any simple methods for them.  To do this would require packet sniffing to get the font and using some API calls to set the font.

This script is possible to make but I don't think anyone will do it because all of the really good script developers who would be able to do this can't be bothered to make such a script because there is no real purpose other than a little fun.  If you take a look around in the scripts database and look at scripts that the likes of -dt-, Matty, CookieRevised, etc. have made, there are very practical applications for them where this is entirely for a 2 second laugh.

But there are some many other scripts that are less useful than a Imitate script.

I think a dev could do it as a challenge for himself. Maybe using Xniff (as you said packet sniffing is required) could be the key.
07-17-2007 02:14 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: