What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [request] Two emoticon requests

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
[request] Two emoticon requests
Author: Message:
Appurushido

O.P. Huh?  [request] Two emoticon requests
Hi :)

I've been looking, but I can't find it.

[1] MSGPlus! had the option to open the emoticon window using "(" but this isn't working in Live! Is there a way to fix this?

[2] For some reason Live Messenger sometimes randomly throws in some emoticons while I'm typing (I'm not typing the emoticons, they just appear randomly). No biggy, but is there a way to turn emoticons off in the type-field area? So that you see the emoticon-code instead of the picture.

Thanks!
07-13-2006 09:03 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rik

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [request] Two emoticon requests
quote:
Originally posted by Appurushido
[1] MSGPlus! had the option to open the emoticon window using "(" but this isn't working in Live! Is there a way to fix this?
an update will be released soon with that feature
07-13-2006 09:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Hi :)

I've been looking, but I can't find it.

This can't be fixed with scripts.

Anyways, that feature is as good as finished being programmed and will be included in the next update (as you can read in many other threads). ;)

quote:

[2] For some reason Live Messenger sometimes randomly throws in some emoticons while I'm typing (I'm not typing the emoticons, they just appear randomly). No biggy, but is there a way to turn emoticons off in the type-field area? So that you see the emoticon-code instead of the picture.
No you can't turn that off as there is no option for it. The only way you can turn that off is by patching Messenger. Currently there are no patches available to do this though. But it will probably be included in the new Stuff Plug addon that TheBlasphemer is making, it will be compatible with Windows Live Messenger (the current version is not).

This post was edited on 07-13-2006 at 10:08 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-13-2006 10:06 AM
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
Just posting that say thank god its not my messenger being glitchy lol. I get that "extra" emoticon randomly also. Usually if I backspace some text, then type some different text. Its annoying, beacuse you can't remove it without sending the message, or leaving the convo. And when in a webcam/voice chat/group convo, that isn't really an option.

I do hope this gets fixed :).
07-13-2006 08:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
@Keikonium and Appurushido:

1) Do you have any pathes installed or addons (other than Messenger Plus! Live)?

2) If you uninstall Messenger Plus! Live does this problem still exist? from what I gather, it should. And thus't wouldn't be a Messenger Plus! problem. Thus it's a bug in WLM itself and Messenger Plus! wouldn't be able to fix it.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-14-2006 12:41 AM
Appurushido

O.P. RE: RE: [request] Two emoticon requests
quote:
1) Do you have any pathes installed or addons (other than Messenger Plus! Live)?
A-patch and some scripts from the msgpluslive site.

quote:
2) If you uninstall Messenger Plus! Live does this problem still exist? from what I gather, it should. And thus't wouldn't be a Messenger Plus! problem. Thus it's a bug in WLM itself and Messenger Plus! wouldn't be able to fix it.
They also appeared here before I installed Plus!, so I agree must be a bug in WLM.

I hope the new Stuff Plug comes out soon, it's a neat little package (H)
07-14-2006 12:45 AM
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
I have Mess Patch, installed. Thats the only patch I use.
I have enabled the addons option, but am currently not using any. Then of course I have MsgPlus! Live installed with 4 scripts (Plus!Mail, appmon+, background changer, and countdown).

The emoticon is quite rare, and I haven't experienced it as of late. I have gotten the ":P" and the ":O" emoticon the most. I think I got the ":)" emoticon once also. Maybe 5-6 occurances of these emoticons have happened.

I haven't ever used wlm without mess patch or msgplus! however.
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
07-14-2006 12:46 AM
Appurushido

O.P. RE: [request] Two emoticon requests
I get :D and a custom one quite frequently :P
07-14-2006 12:49 AM
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
I have a feeling it might be mess patch/a-patch in that case. They both do the same type of thing, and that would be editing the .exe's. So its probably due to the editing of the .exe's >_>.

I can't stand the ads, and other things in wlm, so I will put up with the emoticon instead of removing the patch ;).

Quick question to anyone... Does plus! read the exe's and dll's, or just extend on them? Or do something entirly different :S.
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
07-14-2006 12:54 AM
Appurushido

O.P. RE: RE: [request] Two emoticon requests
quote:
Originally posted by Keikonium
I can't stand the ads, and other things in wlm, so I will put up with the emoticon instead of removing the patch ;).
Same here. With the patches installed it's a slick and clean looking program. Without... it's horrible 8-|
07-14-2006 12:57 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: