What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » msn name colours

msn name colours
Author: Message:
loulou202

O.P. Dodgy  msn name colours
ok, i know there have been loads of threads on this and i have read some of them and took the advice they gave. but alas! nothing bloody worked. i thought it would be easy all i had to do was click on Format Codes...and click on the colour i wanted. so [c=30] and [/c] came up, yeah ok i thought seems pretty logical it's a code. but the colour (blue in this case) has not appeared anywhere at all. soooo then i thought well ok i'll go back to old dot and dollar sign ·$ method, but that hasn't worked either! then i tried the /nick and Ctrl + K thing, but the list of commands hasn't even come up. i know this is probably really annoying for people but with all the hype that was made about WLM i thought it would at least work :^)

thanks in advance for your help

lou
07-15-2006 07:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: msn name colours
In the instant messaging window, type in /nick <name here>.

Where it says <name here> that is where you type in your nickname, with the colour codes etc. Then, of course, press the enter button and that should work.
07-15-2006 07:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
RE: msn name colours
Can you use other features of MP!L like emotcion sounds, get a list of commands when u type "/" in an conversation window, etc. If you cant then-
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Hi,

many of you are currently reporting problems about sounds not working, commands not been recognised, quick texts failing, etc... most of these problems tend to be caused by Messenger patches that remove too many thigns from the Messenger interface (like Clean Messenger). If you're experiencing this kind of issue, please uninstall Windows Live Messenger, delete "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger" and reinstall it from Microsoft's web site.

[Edit by WDZ: Another possible solution posted by -!Felu!- here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?pid=678813]

I'm currently working on possible ways to make Messenger Plus! Live more "patch friendly" but in the meantime, remember to always ensure that you are using a clean Messenger before you report any problem.

Thank you,
Patchou
07-15-2006 08:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: