What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » conversation with you tag

conversation with you tag
Author: Message:
Jurua

O.P. conversation with you tag
Sorry for my bad english!!
How can I have the window that shows when someone opens conversation wiht you, in old Plus, there was  the Stuff plug in, there is something like this for the new plus???
Thanks a lot! :P
07-14-2006 08:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jimcando

34 / Male / Flag
RE: conversation with you tag
This feature is very inaccurate so its been taken out of Stuffplug and won't be coming back. Read this for a reason why.

This post was edited on 07-14-2006 at 08:16 PM by Jimcando.
07-14-2006 08:16 PM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: conversation with you tag
quote:
When MSN Messenger 7.5 came along with contact cards and the ability to see your contact's display pictures in your contact list, Microsoft changed the MSN Messenger protocol to accomodate these new features.

They made it so that a connection is made between each person's computer when someone downloaded a person's display picture so it could be viewed in the contact window or when the person's contact card was clicked.

This connection was causing StuffPlug to give false alerts of a person opening your conversation window.

There is no way for stuffplug to determine a genuine conversation window opening connection and one merely downloading a person's display pic off their computer.

This is not something that can be worked around.
That's from StuffPlug.com. There are a few threads where the same question is asked on theese forums, but I decided to post the StuffPlug one as people seem to say that "StuffPlug has it and it works!".
[Image: signature.php]
07-14-2006 08:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jurua

O.P. Undecided  RE: conversation with you tag
:| I know about de false alerts, they are realy falses, however, this fature works quit well!
Thanks for the answers, and sorry for the bad english!
07-15-2006 06:06 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: