What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Desktop Contacts + A Few Issues + Requests

Desktop Contacts + A Few Issues + Requests
Author: Message:
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Desktop Contacts + A Few Issues + Requests
First I will start off with the visual bug/error:
[Image: msnplusstatus.png]

All the status's look fine except for the last two. As you can see its the same image for blocked no matter what the contacts actual status is. It shows them as Online, except blocked. I have tested this out with a few contacts, and got the same results :P. If there could be a seperate image for the two (offline blocked, and online blocked) that would be great ^__^.

As for the bug I found (think its a bug ^o)), putting a contact on the desktop with a long name usually truncates it with "...". This is fine. However, changing the appearance AFTER the contact is placed on the desktop gets rid of these ...'s. I personally like it that way, just wanted to pont it out :^).

Now for the requests:

1. More customizable desktop contacts. I liked the contacts when they were in square boxes. It would make more sense anyways because most of the stuff in WLM is now square insteaded of rounded like 7.5 was. Perhaps a choice between square and rounded?

2. Backgrounds. Loading an image into the background instead of a solid color. This one is just a thought, and it may not be all that practical.

3. And a really far out request is implementing the contact into the start bar. Kinda like a quick launch button, but with all the same functions it currently has.

Mainly the blocked online/offline image is why I posted, but figured it wouldn't hurt to toss some requests in there ;).

Thanks for reading ^_^.
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
07-14-2006 09:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Desktop Contacts + A Few Issues + Requests
quote:
Originally posted by Keikonium
As you can see its the same image for blocked no matter what the contacts actual status is. It shows them as Online, except blocked. I have tested this out with a few contacts, and got the same results (Smilie). If there could be a seperate image for the two (offline blocked, and online blocked) that would be great ^__^.
afaik the icons are taken from wlm itself so plus doesnt have anything to do with it (unless there are different icons for the two cases in wlm)

quote:
1. More customizable desktop contacts. I liked the contacts when they were in square boxes. It would make more sense anyways because most of the stuff in WLM is now square insteaded of rounded like 7.5 was. Perhaps a choice between square and rounded?
Well imo it looks better this way. Plus on higher resolutions this is hardly visible :P

quote:
2. Backgrounds. Loading an image into the background instead of a solid color. This one is just a thought, and it may not be all that practical.
Well there is already a script called "Background Changer" by Veggie. Search the forums and have a look ;)

quote:
3. And a really far out request is implementing the contact into the start bar. Kinda like a quick launch button, but with all the same functions it currently has.
hehe .... far out indeed. I wouldnt use it tho tbh :P Double clicking in the main window/rightclicking the sys tray icon and searching/desktop contacts are more than enough. With this new search field, it hardly takes any time so you really shouldnt mind ;)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
07-14-2006 10:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
Well there is already a script called "Background Changer" by Veggie. Search the forums and have a look ;)
I think he's talking about loading an image into the background of desktop contacts. Which I'd disagree with, based purely on the fact that desktop contacts are small, and a picture wouldn't be able to have much in it.
In lieu I suggest a gradient fill.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-14-2006 10:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Desktop Contacts + A Few Issues + Requests
A gradient fill @_@. Excellent idea lol. And yes, I was talking about an image in the desktop contact, not the main list ;).

As for the icons, in WLM there are two seperate image for Blocked - offline, and blocked - online. Also, the images in the desktop contacts, and the ones in WLM are slightly different. If you look closely, the busy and clock icons are closer to the middle of the icons on the plus ones.

Look:

[Image: contactdiffs.png]

Same zoom level :P. Perhaps the Plus! ones are from a previous beta ^o)?
Now Playing:
07-14-2006 11:20 AM
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
OMG there slightly wrong, what can we do :O:O
:refuck:
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

07-14-2006 11:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Desktop Contacts + A Few Issues + Requests
Just showing proof (or what looks to me like proof ^o)) that they aren't images loaded from WLM, and are infact seperate images :P.
Now Playing:
07-14-2006 11:26 AM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
I guess it wont be that hard to load an additional image for the offline blocked.

And for the gradient fill, I would like the ones that allow you to change from colour to colour in a chosen direction.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6560 days, 13 hours, 7 minutes, 47 seconds ago.

07-15-2006 04:18 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
If you look closely, the busy and clock icons are closer to the middle of the icons on the plus ones.
So let's move them out and reduce the room for text :undecided:
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-16-2006 08:47 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: