What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient)

Pages: (18): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 12 13 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [Release] Message Customizer! Live (Gradient)
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Gradient text v3.00
ok cool we all appreciate your hard work guys and look forward to the next version.
08-30-2006 05:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Italian version of Gradient, translated by Orgrim Doomhammer.  Attached is a copy of the file.  The next version of gradient will have all the languages together (and furthermore will be easy to update with more languages in the future).  A big thank you for those people who have already said they will help translate the next version.  I will let you know when I'm getting close to completion to make sure that all tags are finalised before getting them translated.  Please do not expect this next version too early as I have a test this weekend and the assignments just never seem to end (probably something to do with having weekly ones for one of my maths subjects :P).  Beleive me when I say the next version of gradient will be worth the wait.  Any further suggestion will be looked at for the next release as well if you come up with them soon enough.  A big thank-you to all those who keep using this script as well, it means a lot to me to know that people like what I'm doing. :happy:

.plsc File Attachment: Gradient [ita].plsc (17.24 KB)
This file has been downloaded 328 time(s).
[Image: markee.png]
09-06-2006 01:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
markee

i noticed recently that a given nickname set on desktop contacts is set seperately from the one stored on the contact list by right click add nickname, now the nickname gradiater feature i suggested a while back which was originally for setting nicknames for your nickname (the logged in user) perhaps could be extended to enable you to gradiate your contacts nickname both on the contact list by say right click then add gradient nickname or from desktop by right click add gradient nickname. just a thought for taking this script a little further.

what do you think?

This post was edited on 09-06-2006 at 07:23 PM by stuartbennett.
09-06-2006 07:22 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i noticed recently that a given nickname set on desktop contacts is set seperately from the one stored on the contact list by right click add nickname
The contacts on desktop is a feature of Messenger Plus!, also setting a desktop nickname for a desktop contact.

Setting a nickname for your contacts in the contactlist is a feature of Windows Live Messenger.

Both have got nothing todo with eachother.

quote:
(...) to enable you to gradiate your contacts nickname both on the contact list (...)
Plus! and its scripting has no access to the nickname feature of Windows Live Messenger (at least it is not know how; it might be possible, but nobody was successfull yet)

quote:
(...) by say right click then add gradient nickname (...)
Plus! scripting does not provide a way to add something to the right click context menu in the contactlist.

quote:
(...) or from desktop by right click add gradient nickname.
Again Plus! scripting does not provide a way to add something to the right click context menu of a desktop contact.

This post was edited on 09-06-2006 at 08:57 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-06-2006 08:56 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
ok i understand what your saying, perhaps another way round all the problems you highlighted is when you click add/edit nickname in contact list or set nickname on a desktop contact and your actually there with the name in an editable state, perhaps you could at that point do some shortcut like ctrl+g that would initiate the gradiater interface for entering the nickname, after all i believe thats how the colour used to work in the old days right you did ctrl+n or p or whatever it was and colour panel appeared so this new idea for an inteerface might be easier to impliment.

regarding my 2 suggestions of adding items to right click menus i didnt know if it was possible or not i merely suggested a possible interface but any interface for accessing the gradiater will do.
09-07-2006 05:48 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
ok i understand what your saying, perhaps another way round all the problems you highlighted is when you click add/edit nickname in contact list or set nickname on a desktop contact and your actually there with the name in an editable state, perhaps you could at that point do some shortcut like ctrl+g that would initiate the gradiater interface for entering the nickname, after all i believe thats how the colour used to work in the old days right you did ctrl+n or p or whatever it was and colour panel appeared so this new idea for an inteerface might be easier to impliment.

regarding my 2 suggestions of adding items to right click menus i didnt know if it was possible or not i merely suggested a possible interface but any interface for accessing the gradiater will do.
If I could access this information while it was in it's editable state then Cookie would have recomoended for me to go about it that way but it's just not possible for me to access those windows in anyway (that I know of).  Though after reading what you suggested I think I have come up with what might be a useful initiative.  I could use the likes of a hot-key (customisable by the user of course) to open a kind of 'lite version' of the config window what you are in a chat.  Just a basic window that would come up that was nice and small to edit a few of the preferences quite quickly.  Do you like this idea and what do you think the main features should be included in this window (please remember I'll be limited on space)?
09-07-2006 05:56 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
ok markee like this lite window idea, my idea would be.

the boxes for gradients colours should be there but no list of contacts cluttering up space, you have 2 radio buttons to select either irc or bbcode mode and have 2 tabs desktop nickname and chat gradient. this lite version would only work for that specific contact (as lite wouldnt have a contact list) if people wanted to customise multiple contacts then they would have to go into the main config system same for setting your own nickname gradient.

what do you think.
09-07-2006 11:44 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
just thought of a few ideas for new features.

conditional formatting:
users can setup a list of special words and set how each word or grouping of words should be formatted if used in the set format ion a block of text. for example if someone typed "coca cola" that user could have it formated with red background and white text so it looked like the logo. this would of course mean that lots of words getting formatted like this would give user less space to type a message but the user knows the restrictions so they can plan accordingly.

PSM Gradiater:
im not sure if your psm can be formatted with coolour or not, but if it can maybe you could add a tool to enable the user to build a gradient for their psm messenge.

ok let me know what you think.

This post was edited on 09-08-2006 at 05:49 AM by stuartbennett.
09-08-2006 05:48 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Those sound like great ideas.  I can't believe I overlooked the PSM Gradiater when everyone else has been talking about the gradient of the nickname.  The conditional formating sounds good too, this would be like a quicktext but only for specific people (btw, I will most likely inlude this in the next build just so no-body else makes a script to do this in the meantime).

There may be a set-back for te next release as well because Jay_Jay fell over at school today and hurt his arm which he broke earlier this year, he's waiting on getting x-rays at the moment.  We will see what we can do, lets hope we can get something to you by the end of the month (even if Jay_Jay has to do it one handed).

EDIT: turns out he did break his arm :sad:

This post was edited on 09-08-2006 at 09:36 AM by markee.
09-08-2006 06:12 AM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
sorry to hear about jay jay's arm, we know you will both do your best to get this ready for as soon as you can, however its more important that jay jay lets his arm heal correctly, im sure i speak for everyone when i say we would rather have jay jays arms fixed and healing correctly then you guys risking his health to finish a script.
09-08-2006 12:11 PM
Pages: (18): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 12 13 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: