What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » renaming contact

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
renaming contact
Author: Message:
zedison_c

– / Male / –
O.P. renaming contact
is there a script that allow's you to rename the contact like how it is in messenger 7.5? cause the nickname your contact when there is alot on chat windows, you cannot see who you are talking to because of the nick name.. you have to change to the chat window then you will know who you are talking to.. whereas messenger 7.5 allows you to see the name at the tab.
07-18-2006 08:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Zahid™

– / Male / Flag
RE: renaming contact
No because Windows Live Messenger can do this. This is why it has been left out of Messenger Plus! Live. Right click a contact, and click 'Add Nickname'. And search it has been posted before.
[Image: Zahid.png]
07-18-2006 08:36 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
zedison_c

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: renaming contact
i want it to be like messenger 7.5 where you can rename yet choose whether you want to see their nickname in the messenger it self and not totally rename the contact
07-18-2006 08:39 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Hopefully Patchou will see that just about everyone wants the Custom Name feature back in Messenger Plus! Live, and maybe add it back in :P
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-18-2006 08:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
zedison_c

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: renaming contact
about when will this be? cause i think that that renaming system is better than this renaming method...
07-19-2006 01:54 PM
sabandija

RE: RE: renaming contact
quote:
Originally posted by zedison_c
i want it to be like messenger 7.5 where you can rename yet choose whether you want to see their nickname in the messenger it self and not totally rename the contact

That is true. I algo think that Messenger Plus feature is better
07-25-2006 02:02 PM
lguapo

The WLM nicknaming does not work (obviously) if you set up an alert in Plus! to notify you if a contact goes offline. You will see whatever gibberish the contact wrote as their name. Another (small) reason to put contact renaming back in Plus!
07-25-2006 05:42 PM
djmoony

– / Male / –
RE: RE: renaming contact
quote:
Originally posted by Zahid™
No because Windows Live Messenger can do this. This is why it has been left out of Messenger Plus! Live. Right click a contact, and click 'Add Nickname'. And search it has been posted before.

This isn't want i meant, in the old plus if you have a contact with like a 40 character name, you could if you talk to them shorten it to like 8 characters.
Because with this renaming proces you can't see the name the other one has typed, and with ove 100 contacts it will take quite some time!
07-27-2006 01:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
deAd
Scripting Contest Winner

– / Male / Flag
The name truncation, you mean? Well, you can assign a name to use instead with the method Zahid posted, but what you're looking for should be suggested (y), I remember a lot of people liked it...
07-27-2006 01:22 AM
djmoony

– / Male / –
Yeah i like it as well, a lot! If people have names that extend like over 2 lines or more it really irritates me, and with that function you could just easaly shorten the name. I hope when they make a new version they will put this function back in!!
07-27-2006 06:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: