What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Report Thread Locker

Report Thread Locker
Author: Message:
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Report Thread Locker
Ok, so I was randomly sitting here, attempting to any the mods & wondering how I could help the community & then it hit me. I was about to re-report a thread that Cookie had allready reported, should't there be a lock on such things? And also if a post has been reported in a thread for whatever reason, and you try to report another post for probably the same reason, you wouldn't know. Then the mods would get two reports for the same thing. Examples being people reporting the first in a double post & someone reporting the second. Someone recomending a closure in the first post of a thread & someone recomending it in the last post. So what I was thinking was a list of which posts have been reported and for what reasons.
07-21-2006 11:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Report Thread Locker
what if people have different reasons to report?
07-21-2006 11:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Report Thread Locker
Then you would see that & you could then issue your own.
07-21-2006 11:15 PM
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
It already says in that little dialog that "This post has already been reported."
07-21-2006 11:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Report Thread Locker
Yeah, well that was my first suggestion, take away the ability to report such a post again. But I'm on about reporting different posts but for the same reason.
07-21-2006 11:21 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Well, if they'd make a list they'd HAVE to keep it annonymous.... So that people would start making whiney threads about other forum members reporting posts.... It would be kinda helpful....

But then again, it's the mods/admins job to sort through reports, and if they think they can handle going through reports (not sure what that page looks like really) then they can handle it.... If it's how I expect it to be, they could probably sort the reports by thread anyway?... It'd be easier for them that way too, and if that's the case we really wouldn't need it.
07-21-2006 11:25 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
I don't think it's a good idea to make such reports public. Anonymous or not, what I type in report reasons is private for forum team only... and will probably only upset the user who posted the reported topic, leading to flamewars and everything.

I think it's good as it is now, mods/admins can see in a few seconds if posts in a topic were reported for the same reason and than handle them all at one. Also it's probably good to know for the forum team that a post/topic irritates multiple people instead of just one :).
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-21-2006 11:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
I don't think it's a good idea to make such reports public. Anonymous or not, what I type in report reasons is private for forum team only...
agreed :P you'd be surprised of the kind of reports we receive sometimes :chrongue:
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
But then again, it's the mods/admins job to sort through reports, and if they think they can handle going through reports (not sure what that page looks like really) then they can handle it.... If it's how I expect it to be, they could probably sort the reports by thread anyway?... It'd be easier for them that way too, and if that's the case we really wouldn't need it.
[Image: attachment.php?pid=700009]

As you can see, we can easily say if 2 people reported the same thread, so it's not a problem at all (except for you, who have to click and report, but it's so easy that it shouldnt bother you :P)

besides, we dont receive hundreds of reports and there's usually someone online when you report something, so they are handled almost instantly :P

.jpg File Attachment: reported posts.JPG (15.43 KB)
This file has been downloaded 206 time(s).

This post was edited on 07-22-2006 at 02:08 AM by Chrono.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
07-22-2006 02:05 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
and there's usually someone online when you report something, so they are handled almost instantly :P
"usually"... not always, and in some cases it is critical... :p

anways... for the sake of making a suggestion, what maybe could be added (and has been suggested before a couple of times) is an extra indication in the popup windows if a report is already handled or not. It sometimes does happen that mods mark a report as 'handled', but then forgot about it. In this way people who press the report button (and press it again afterwards to check) can see if their report is already being handled, or if it still needs to be handled.

This post was edited on 07-22-2006 at 02:29 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-22-2006 02:28 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
"usually"... not always, and in some cases it is critical...
even if we had 100 mods, it's kinda impossible to have at least one from the staff online 24/7 :P
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
is an extra indication in the popup windows if a report is already handled or not.
agreed (Y)
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
07-22-2006 02:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: