What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature request: descriptive name tag for quick texts

Poll: Add a field for a menu name of 'quick texts' (WLM)
Yes please, I also would like to see that
No, adding the 'quick text shortcut' in the menu will do
No, I am happy as it is
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Feature request: descriptive name tag for quick texts
Author: Message:
JeePee

– / Male / –
O.P. Undecided  Feature request: descriptive name tag for quick texts
Hi,

I would like to see an extra text field for the 'quick text' definition, which can be used to enter a short descriptive name for the quick text. This descriptive name should then be used in the 'quick text' menu of a chat window (see attached screen shot). Just like you have a 'status name' field for a personalized status.

Reason is that I use the quick texts primarily to save these 'emoticon art' messages that contain nothing but a bunch of different emoticons, which all together show a picture or so.

In Messenger Plus! this quick text menu displayed the 'fast send shorcut' + the quick text. Based on the shortcut I could tell which 'picture' was involved. Now in WLM Plus! the menu only contains the quick text, and since that is only codes (see attached screen shot) I have no clue what it means.

Alternatively, adding the 'quick text shortcut' back in front of the quick text in the menu will also do :)

Thanks
JeePee
07-23-2006 10:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: Feature request: descriptive name tag for quick texts
Keep it as is. It is already simple and quick to use. Adding too many htings to it will then make it more complex and more comfusing for people who are computer illiterate.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
07-23-2006 10:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: