What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » {request}script:gives weather forcast for citys in uk eg manchester, london...etc

{request}script:gives weather forcast for citys in uk eg manchester, london...etc
Author: Message:
4penguino
Banned

O.P. {request}script:gives weather forcast for citys in uk eg manchester, london...etc
is the script thing intelligent enough for a weather forcast  on a magor city in uk if anyone would be kind and create a script like this (if possible)
07-25-2006 08:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: {request}script:gives weather forcast for citys in uk eg manchester, london...etc
-dt-'s Weather Script

Also see: [Wanted] Weather display

Search before you post.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-25-2006 08:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
4penguino
Banned

O.P. RE: {request}script:gives weather forcast for citys in uk eg manchester, london...etc
k thnks dude just wat i need in this hot weather
07-25-2006 08:58 PM
Keikonium

35 / Male / Flag
RE: {request}script:gives weather forcast for citys in uk eg manchester, london...etc
I think the best bet would be a global weather script, rather than just England.

If anyones used programs such as desktopX, and other programs that can have weather "widgets" or "gadgets" then you may know how they fetch their weather data.

If you go to www.weather.com and type in any city in the world, each one has its unique code. For instance:

London, United Kingdom = UKXX0085
Ottawa, Canada = CAXX0343
Sydney, Australia = ASXX0112

These codes are obtained from the URL for each city around the world. A script that allows you to input a city (which performs a search at weather.com) and fetches this code from the site, then displays the data shouldn't be *to* hard. I know I couldn't do it, but perhaps more experienced scripters could.

I am sure this stuff is documented somewhere (not for JScript, but perhaps could be converted, I don't know) because its used in alot of weather widgets and such.

I just use firefox whenever I need the weather for another place in the world (or my own town... I'm to lazy to look out the window you see (A))

EDIT: Oh, I didn't know a script already existed :-#...

This post was edited on 07-25-2006 at 09:00 PM by Keikonium.
Now Playing:
[image not working] [Image: 87cc21b0.png]
07-25-2006 08:59 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: