What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » mailto: links broken

mailto: links broken
Author: Message:
Jimcando

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. mailto: links broken
Whenever I click on a mailto: link my computer freezes for a couple of minutes, then an error box appears saying "The default mail client is not correctly installed". I then have to click OK and loads of Internet Explorer windows open, all saying 'Action Cancelled'.
This is really annoying if I accidently click a link and my computer freezes up since theres nothing I can do but wait it out :(

It happens when I click a link in both Firefox and IE. As far as I know, my 'default mail client' is Outlook Express. I tried installing Thunderbird and made that my default mail client, and it still doesn't work :(

Anyone know what I can do to help?
Or is there anyway to disable mailto: links completely since I use an online mail service,  and therefore the links aren't much use anyway.
07-28-2006 02:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
kao
Veteran Member

boring

37 / Male / Flag
RE: mailto: links broken
in IE, Tools > Internet Options > Programs. Just check the Email one, see if it's right.
07-28-2006 11:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jimcando

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: mailto: links broken
I did this and changed it to Hotmail since that was the only one that didn't require a 'correctly installed email client', but it still doesn't work.

But I did manage to disable the links, by going into about:config in Firefox and setting network.protocol-handler.external.mailto to false so whenever I accidently click a mailto: link, nothing happens.

Thanks anyway (Y)
07-29-2006 03:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: