What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Multiple issues with one messenger contact

Multiple issues with one messenger contact
Author: Message:
faulksy

– / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Multiple issues with one messenger contact
Messenger version 8.0
Messenger Plus Live 4.01.0.240
Windows XP Prs SP2

Normally I wouldnt care but its my main contact and more and more problems are happening all the time.  It only ever effects this contact.  Problems didnt even disappear after a clean windows reinstall

Problem 1
Contact will sign in but still appear offline on my list.  The only reason I know they are there is due to sound notification.  Signing out and back in usually fixes

Problem 2
Contact will send me an offline message and if I am truely logged off i will get the fist offline message as an email (sometimes the 2 lines) but all other online messages come through when I sign into messenger.  (cant screenshot if needed

Problem 3
All the messenger plus options are disabled (greyed out) when i right click the contacts name.  Only option selectable is copy email to clipboard.

Problem 4
At times talking to each other the emails will not come through then flood through at once

Problem 5
Contact today appearred offline and online at the same time.  That is, both in the online and offline list

There is more issues but will give you an idea of the problems I'm having.
I'm not having any other problems with any other contact

What I have tried to resolve:
Clean window reinstall (wasnt to fix this issue)
Clean install of messenger live and plus
Both us deleting and readding each other
Reduced the length of sound notification

My believe hunch is might be related to sound notification when she signs in but pretty sure have had this off before and still had the same problems.  I therefore have deleted all my sound notifications for next time they come on.

Is anyone aware of these issues or heard of them before.  Its driving me nuts

I do have one other suspicion it maybe.  I just thought of it then and can see why how it may effect the shortcuts to open chat logs etc but not the other stuff

I do talk to her occasionally through another address and the shortcuts to plus when i right click her name work fine on that.

Is there any suggestions on how to resolve so my main email has the shortcuts?

Thanks

This post was edited on 07-30-2006 at 06:46 AM by faulksy.
07-30-2006 06:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Multiple issues with one messenger contact
Problems 1,2,4,5 have something to do with Connection Error

Problem 3 may be solved in the following ways -

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Hi,

many of you are currently reporting problems about sounds not working, commands not been recognised, quick texts failing, etc... most of these problems tend to be caused by Messenger patches that remove too many thigns from the Messenger interface (like Clean Messenger). If you're experiencing this kind of issue, please uninstall Windows Live Messenger, delete "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger" and reinstall it from Microsoft's web site.

[Edit by WDZ: Another possible solution posted by -!Felu!- here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?pid=678813]

I'm currently working on possible ways to make Messenger Plus! Live more "patch friendly" but in the meantime, remember to always ensure that you are using a clean Messenger before you report any problem.

Thank you,
Patchou
07-30-2006 07:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
faulksy

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Multiple issues with one messenger contact
thanks -!Felu!- i'll try that

This post was edited on 07-30-2006 at 11:00 AM by Tochjo.
07-30-2006 07:18 AM
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
For problem 3, have you set a different email to that being used by the contact in WLM's contact information page? This will stop Plus! from being able to get the .NET passport information. Also if you have subscribed the contact to contact updates with a different email it can cause the same problem.
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

07-30-2006 01:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
faulksy

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Multiple issues with one messenger contact
quote:
Originally posted by haydn
For problem 3, have you set a different email to that being used by the contact in WLM's contact information page? This will stop Plus! from being able to get the .NET passport information. Also if you have subscribed the contact to contact updates with a different email it can cause the same problem.

how do i check that i have set a different email to that being used by the contact in WLM's contact information page?

i have check all the accounts and this one is the only one that has ticked "subcribe to contact updates"

thanks
07-30-2006 02:06 PM
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by faulksy
how do i check that i have set a different email to that being used by the contact in WLM's contact information page?
This can be reached by right clicking and going to "Edit Contact", there may be a differing email on that page (in any one of the tabs).
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy

07-30-2006 03:15 PM
faulksy

– / Male / –
yes there was her isp address in there so i changed it with her hotmail address but made no difference.  im going to test tomorrow on another machine and see if have the same issue.  that will let me know if its software related issue to my machine
07-30-2006 03:20 PM
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
You may want to see if removing the subscription to contact updates makes any difference in the meantime
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy

07-30-2006 03:38 PM
faulksy

– / Male / –
I have solve problem 3 by deleting the folder C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Contacts

Will know later tonight if had any effect on the other problems
08-03-2006 11:10 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: