What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)

Pages: (47): « First « 36 37 38 39 [ 40 ] 41 42 43 44 » Last »
3 votes - 3.33 average   [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)
Author: Message:
kryp2nyt

39 / – / –
RE: [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)
yea this idea would be very nice
06-27-2007 07:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
perish

So many people need an event log file for convo notifier but no one cares. If anyone is able to make it possible, please stop to discuss if it is necessary or if it will be accurate but simply just do it. Because without a log file the notifier's use is so limited: you cannot be looking at your monitor 24 hours a day. Even if you are looking, it is possible to miss the toast message as it displays only for a few seconds. Please consider this important, people need it even if you don't think so.
07-01-2007 01:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by perish
So many people need an event log file for convo notifier but no one cares.
Because notifying for open convo's DOES NOT WORK in the first place!!! That's the whole point... Please read:
"CookieRevised's reply to Question regarding a "close msg window logger"" very carefully!!!

People do not "need" it, they "want" it... But what they want doesn't work properly in the first place, eventhough they THINK it does work.

If you "want" it I suggest to take a look at the Official Scripting Documentation and make your own script and/or additions. I wont list here what you need to change since tools like this should not be encouraged to be used. Because encouraging the usage of such tools will not educate people that such tools wont work in the first place.

This post was edited on 07-03-2007 at 06:40 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-03-2007 06:36 PM
perish

RE: RE: [Updated] Live Notifier V1.10 (formerly Convo Notifier)
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
So many people need an event log file for convo notifier but no one cares.
Because notifying for open convo's DOES NOT WORK in the first place!!! That's the whole point... Please read:
"CookieRevised's reply to Question regarding a "close msg window logger"" very carefully!!!

People do not "need" it, they "want" it... But what they want doesn't work properly in the first place, eventhough they THINK it does work.

If you "want" it I suggest to take a look at the Official Scripting Documentation and make your own script and/or additions. I wont list here what you need to change since tools like this should not be encouraged to be used. Because encouraging the usage of such tools will not educate people that such tools wont work in the first place.

Unfortunately you haven't understood while such a simple log file is needed by people. Open session notifiers are best used as "appear offline notifiers". Even though their notifications are not accurate for conversation opening or closing, their existence are proof of appearing offline people. By simply changing your display picture and waiting for the notifications, you can detect appearing offline users. If there is an opening session for an offline user, he/she is appearing offline to you. You can disapprove this usage, you can say it is unnecessary but you can't say it doesn't work. People "need" a log file because this kind of usage necessitates a log file.

And sorry, I don't know anything about scripting so I can't write my own script. That's why I am asking for help from those who are able to do it.
07-03-2007 11:04 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Unfortunately you haven't understood while such a simple log file is needed by people.
I have... but I also said that adding such a feature is only going to encourage people to use such notifiers MORE, while people should be discouraged to use such tool as most people use it as an open window notifier and think it works.

Again, I perfectly understood what you were suggesting. In fact, back in the time that such notifiers did worked (years ago) this was one of the features suggested by me and others to be added to a much used notifier plugin....

PS: Only the creator of this script, mrhuge, can add/change it anyways...

This post was edited on 07-04-2007 at 01:20 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-04-2007 01:08 AM
mc2

Hi and Thx MrHuge for your script.

Is it possible to add a log file (eg: LiveNotifer.log) in your script directory?

example:
Date/Time - NickName

07-04-2007 02:03 PM
dirtydonsunny

sum1 plz help im stuck wen i try 2 install the notifier and an error comes up saying "an error occured while importing the script files." what do i do?? please help
07-26-2007 11:13 PM
cesurkalem

i think it must be add a log file directory. thank you.
08-07-2007 09:18 PM
dirtydonsunny

how do i add a log file directory?
08-07-2007 10:28 PM
cesurkalem

sorry i cannot explain. so when we missed toast messages we cannot see this info later. threfore we want to see toast messages or check event log later. can i explain?
08-09-2007 09:24 PM
Pages: (47): « First « 36 37 38 39 [ 40 ] 41 42 43 44 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: