What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [REQUEST] Auto-send chat logs

[REQUEST] Auto-send chat logs
Author: Message:
mykeeX

O.P. [REQUEST] Auto-send chat logs
Im looking for a script that will send chat logs annonymously to a specific email address before the user logs off their computer.
08-05-2006 12:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [REQUEST] Auto-send chat logs
Sounds like a naughty little project you got going there... If it's your own chat logs, it doesn't need to be anonymouse  ;)

I don't see why you'd need to do this, because if they were your chat logs, you could zip them and send them to yourself...

Realisitcally though, I know you can send emails with attachments using a plus script. I doubt that this would be anonymous and I don't know how many attachments you can well, attach. Seeing as each contact has a seperate HTML file, and if more than one user uses WLM on your PC, you could have well over 300 or 400 files to send :|

This post was edited on 08-05-2006 at 12:55 PM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-05-2006 12:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mykeeX

O.P. RE: [REQUEST] Auto-send chat logs
I got kids that use windows live and im just trying to monitor their conversations when im at work .. and not be so obvious as a nosey parent..

And yes zipping them up would be nice.. i heard there was a "clear chat log" script at one time.. Im not sure but that would be perfect to run in conjuction to keep the chat log file size low.

This post was edited on 08-05-2006 at 01:14 PM by mykeeX.
08-05-2006 01:08 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
Undecided  RE: [REQUEST] Auto-send chat logs
The best way to do this is to just navigate to the folder when they are away from the computer...

The default folder is:
C:\Documents and Settings\ *Windows Username* \My Documents\My Chat Logs\

Better yet, use the "Open Chat Logs" option from the messenger plus menu to be able to find certain dates and times (ie only look at dates since you last checked) and the find button lets you search for certain words...

I would say, other than sit behind your kids, this is your best option.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-05-2006 01:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mykeeX

O.P. RE: [REQUEST] Auto-send chat logs
LOL when they are away from the computer..... so basically i i got to do this when they take a shower or sleeping..

I understand what your saying though.. i was just hoping it would be alittle easier for me since they will be getting home from school hours before i get home from work..

It was just an idea i was hoping to get some insite on..

Thanks anyway...
08-05-2006 01:29 PM
Joereynolds89

RE: [REQUEST] Auto-send chat logs
set up a little network, if you dont have 2 computers already could get pretty expensive but share the chatlog folder and browse through what there saying that way :D
08-05-2006 09:46 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: