What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [request]Mobile phone number "addon"

Poll: Does this sound like a good idea?
freaking awsome!
sounds good
dont know
bad
the most crapiest idea I have heard
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
[request]Mobile phone number "addon"
Author: Message:
fat_bob

O.P. [request]Mobile phone number "addon"
Hi!
The idea is to create something like the "AutoHey" addon, but that replies your mobile number when someone is typing for example "mobile number" to you. I have done some editing in the AutoHey script and it is working quite good....its just that I dont know how to do it "user functionaly"(easy for other people thats aint "coders" to edit the auto msg to there own numbers")

Whould be really cool to have a window/filed where you just entered your mobile number and then pressed ok and each time someone typed "mobile number or mob nmr or etc etc" they whould recive your number.

Maybe I could help some aswell if you need alitle hand, but im not so very "pro" so dont expect to much^^

Best regards!
07-30-2006 04:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
t0mmy9

RE: [request]Mobile phone number "addon"
i dont get why no one has helped you yet, heres how its done:

code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(ChatWnd,Origin,Message,MessageKind)
{
if(Message == "mobile number")
{
ChatWnd.SendMessage("07949123456 is my mobile number");
}
return Message;
}

ah, didnt notice it was just an idea, thought you wanted help making it. yeh thats a good idea although soemone you dont want to could end up with your mobile number.

This post was edited on 07-30-2006 at 07:17 PM by t0mmy9.
07-30-2006 07:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
fat_bob

O.P. RE: [request]Mobile phone number "addon"
Hehe well yeah I know how to do that thing, thx anyway man:)

But the thing is as you said...to make "easy" for users to edit there mobile number....so its just "pops up" a form where you enter your number and then press "ok" and then it will tell that number you entered in the form. And for this it whould need some more code that I dont really know:(

There whould also be some easy way to configure the addon with a new number, with a comando or something,or like the other addons you can config by typing /(addonname) or by using the drop down menue.

This is the things I whould need help with to code, or even better if someone else could code it for me:P

How ever.....that thing you said about other unwanted users to gte your number, maybe there is a way to make some sort of an ignore list in the addon so not all people that for example says "mobile number" will get the number from you because they are added on an "igore" list.

This is still just ideas and thoughs....but whould be a cool thing in my opinion, and if there is anyone out there that reads this kind a bull sh**... and knows how to make such drop down menues and comand things and forms and etc etc that i mentioned before...then please if you have some sparetime, send me the code that you think could work and I will check it out and see what I can do with my kind a noob skills;):P

Thanks!

This post was edited on 08-05-2006 at 10:34 PM by fat_bob.
"Where there is a will, there's a way"
08-05-2006 10:22 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
I can make an interface for you. do you want to add more than one number? I think you should make it request the phone number rather just give it out... It should all be quite easy to do. Just let me know cuz I've ALWAYS got spare time :D
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-05-2006 10:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Joereynolds89

for the basic script need a interface with the option of the message needed to be recieved to send the phone number and another field to enter mobile phone number

Id imagine thats ok, and maybe work with the variables

mobile phone no

and

mobile phone message
08-05-2006 10:47 PM
fat_bob

O.P. RE: [request]Mobile phone number "addon"
Well...Spunky...all I actually need is that it should be easy to enter ONE mobile phone number into a filed(know in html as form:P)

So yeah one number whould be great....I will try myself to make some kind of an ignore thing but that might take a while:P

Thanks for helping me:D!
"Where there is a will, there's a way"
08-06-2006 08:47 AM
Silentdragon

if(life==null && wrists) EmoAlert();

34 / Male / –
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=64534

Should be able to do that among other things.
08-06-2006 08:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: