What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [release] whos online toast

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
[release] whos online toast
Author: Message:
Jiggs

38 / Male / –
O.P. Tongue  [release] whos online toast
EDIT:
SpunkyLoveMuff made the script further down. Works great :)

I have another idea for a script :). maybe its been done, because it does sound familiar, so sorry if its out there, but i did check.
How about a script that pops up a toast at log in and tells you who is online?
Then i don't have to open wlm to see, which takes time and cpu power to open the contact window. Just to see no one i want to talk to is online. I have at most usually 3 contacts online at a time. That should fit on one toast. For those with more, maybe have 4 or so contacts per toast. So if 7 are online, 2 toasts pop up. one with 4, and one with 3.
Is it doable?
Thanks

EDIT: oh, and only the first few character would need to be shown of a contacts name. such that one contact takes up one line at most.

........Online contacts:.......
...Stephen........................
...Person with really long.
...Less long name............
...Lalala i have a name....

^that kinda thing.

This post was edited on 08-08-2006 at 02:22 AM by Jiggs.
08-06-2006 01:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
benjyrama

who?

33 / Male / Flag
RE: [request] whos online toast
that would make a lot of toasts for sum ppl
[Image: userbardz2.gif]
08-06-2006 01:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lukeyy19

Oh Holy One...

34 / Male / –
yes well it is their own choice to use, if they dont want all the toasts then they dont have to use the script do they? i like the idea.
[Image: lukeyy19sig2fh6.png]
08-06-2006 02:16 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Why not use floating contacts?

code:
function OnEvent_SigninReady(sEmail){
    for(var enum = new Enumerator(Messenger.MyContacts) ; !enum.atEnd(); enum.moveNext()){
        var sContact = enum.item();
        if (sContact.Status == 3){ //Will display only contacts online
            MsgPlus.DisplayToast('', sContact.Email, '', ToastCallback, sContact.Email);
        }
    }
}

function ToastCallback(sCallBack){
    Messenger.OpenChat(sCallBack);
}

No idea why you want to do this :(

This post was edited on 08-06-2006 at 02:37 PM by matty.
08-06-2006 02:17 PM
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
Someone made this for me but i think it may be the sort of thing u want

The script shows how many people are online and how many people are offline all in one toast when you sign in.

It also redisplays this toast every 10mins(variable) with updated information of how many of your contacts are signed in and how many are offline.

I did not make this script so do not report bugs to me

.plsc File Attachment: Who's online.plsc (1.26 KB)
This file has been downloaded 170 time(s).
08-06-2006 03:19 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
I made this script so that I could see all online contacts... It's not a toast, but displays all online users in a combo box control (using the /cl command)  You can the press ok to open a chat window with that person

You can also type /look4 email@domain.com to quickly see if a particular person is online (if you know their email of course).

.plsc File Attachment: Contact Lookup.plsc (2.76 KB)
This file has been downloaded 277 time(s).
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-06-2006 03:24 PM
Jiggs

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [request] whos online toast
not really what i was thinking.
what i meant was the actual names of contacts in a toast at log in. my wlm auto logs in when pc is started up. then, if i want to see if "friend1" is online, who i want to talk to about something, i have to open wlm to see if friend1 is online. say it turns out only friend3 and friend7 are online, then i opened wlm contact window(which takes a few seconds to load) for nothing. wasting my time, and slowing my pc down while im loading firefox.
if on the other hand i had this script, a toast would pop up at log in looking like this:
........Online contacts:.......
........friend3.....................
........friend7.....................

so i would know that friend1 is not online. later, when he comes online i am of course notified. so all i need is to know who is online at log in/sign in. this doesn't sound too difficult to do if one knows how to script :)? maybe its not as easy as it sounds though.
hope someone might want to have a go though.
thanks
and as Lukeyy19 says, if you have LOTS of contacts then don't use the script. I want it for my account in which i only have my RL friends who use wlm. And there are usually at most 3 of those online at a time. If on a rare occasion say 7 come online, ive described what could be done there. 2 toasts instead of 1

This post was edited on 08-06-2006 at 05:40 PM by Jiggs.
08-06-2006 05:35 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
Well, each toast can have 4 lines, so if you put the title as "Online Contacts", you should be able to iterate through the online contacts and display 4 people in each box. The only problem is, you'd need to find out the total number of online contacts and then make sure there are enough toasts for each user...

I've got an idea so I'm gonna go away and try it.

*goes away and tries it*

UPDATE:
code:
function OnEvent_SigninReady(){
Debug.DebuggingWindowVisible = true;
var myArray = new Array
var Contacts = Messenger.MyContacts;
var e = new Enumerator(Contacts);
for(; !e.atEnd(); e.moveNext()){
var Contact = e.item();
if(Contact.Status!=1){
newItem = myArray.length;
myArray[newItem] = MsgPlus.RemoveFormatCodes(Contact.Name);
}
}

for(var i=0;i<350;i++){
if(myArray[i]==undefined){
myArray[i]="";
}
if(myArray[i].length>=25){
myArray[i] = (myArray[i].substr(0,25)+"...");
}
}
MsgPlus.DisplayToast("Online Contacts"," "+myArray[0]+"\n "+myArray[1]+"\n "+myArray[2]+"\n "+myArray[3]);
if(myArray[4]!=""){
MsgPlus.DisplayToast("Online Contacts"," "+myArray[4]+"\n "+myArray[5]+"\n "+myArray[6]+"\n "+myArray[7]);
}
if(myArray[8]!=""){
MsgPlus.DisplayToast("Online Contacts"," "+myArray[8]+"\n "+myArray[9]+"\n "+myArray[10]+"\n "+myArray[11]);
}
if(myArray[12]!=""){
MsgPlus.DisplayToast("Online Contacts"," "+myArray[12]+"\n "+myArray[13]+"\n "+myArray[14]+"\n "+myArray[15]);
}
if(myArray[16]!=""){
MsgPlus.DisplayToast("Online Contacts"," "+myArray[16]+"\n "+myArray[17]+"\n "+myArray[18]+"\n "+myArray[19]);
}
}

Displays upto 20 online contacts (I can neaten up the if statements into a function to add even more people :p) and currently checks 350 contacts. I didnt think too many people would have more than that. Can't get the text to change green for some reason... Maybe someone else could put that in?

To be honest, it looks quite a short simple script, but it still took me a while because this is my first time using arrays in JScript :|

EDIT: Just updated code as it was showing Email not Name and I've now truncated the Name after 25 characters

This post was edited on 08-07-2006 at 05:27 PM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-07-2006 03:57 PM
Jiggs

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [request] whos online toast
gonna try it now :).
thanks a lot. thought no one was going to try it. i see a use for it every time i switch on my pc. i hate having to open wlm just to see whos online :)

EDIT:
Working just like i had imagined it :). Thanks a lot. You should put it in the database, no?
With a good description of what it does i think others may want it too. I find it very handy to be told who's online without having to open wlm window.
Would be great if the name of the contact you want to talk to could be clicked. Although i don't think a toast can have individual contact links within them?

Anyways, thanks a lot :), works great

This post was edited on 08-07-2006 at 05:45 PM by Jiggs.
08-07-2006 05:40 PM
Intosia

I'm dynamic ^^

40 / Male / –
Why not make a new window with a listbox in it and put all the online ppl in there? Loads faster when the wlm main window...

This post was edited on 08-07-2006 at 05:44 PM by Intosia.
08-07-2006 05:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: