What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [release] whos online toast

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
[release] whos online toast
Author: Message:
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
Cool  RE: [request] whos online toast
Intosia, I have already made this...

Download Attachment

This post was edited on 08-07-2006 at 05:51 PM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-07-2006 05:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jiggs

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [request] whos online toast
a new window? one that is always open? i only want to know who's already online at sign in. after than i get told who else joins my online contacts and who goes offline. all i wanted was a quick toast to let me know so and so are online. and SpunkyLoveMuffs script is doing a good job of that :)
08-07-2006 05:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Intosia

I'm dynamic ^^

40 / Male / –
RE: [request] whos online toast
aha, no worries, just a idea. The toasts are stupid in my opinion.... way to much popups :D
08-07-2006 05:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jiggs

38 / Male / –
that's cos you probably have so many online contacts :). i only usually have 3 at a time online on the account i want to use this on. and toasts are very inobtrusive. for me at least. maybe cos of my high resolution. but they don't get in the way, whereas a window in the middle of my screen would. and toasts can be right clicked away easily.

i edited my earlier post, SpunkyLoveMuff, by the way. Im guessing being able to open a chat by clicking one online contacts name isnt possible, right?
08-07-2006 05:51 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Jiggs
SpunkyLoveMuffs script is doing a good job of that (Smilie)

So I'm guessing thats what you wanted then? hope it works ok :D

EDIT: It is possible, but it'd open all 4 people because I wouldn't know which contact to open... I could try and make it so that when you type either 1,2,3,4 on the numpad when the toast is visible that it opens the corresponding window :s

This post was edited on 08-07-2006 at 05:53 PM by Spunky.
08-07-2006 05:52 PM
Jiggs

38 / Male / –
its great, yes :). i sang my praise in an edit of my earlier post. you might have missed it :). thanks a lot. is exactly what i wanted. im surprised how many think its a bad idea. i love being told who's online while msn signs in and im doing something else, like opening firefox or so. very handy imho
08-07-2006 05:55 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
It's a good idea for a script... I've kept it installed on my PC :D
08-07-2006 05:56 PM
Jiggs

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: [request] whos online toast
quote:
EDIT: It is possible, but it'd open all 4 people because I wouldn't know which contact to open... I could try and make it so that when you type either 1,2,3,4 on the numpad when the toast is visible that it opens the corresponding window :s

hmm. not bad. maybe even something like ctrl+alt+1. because i have a g15 keyboard, which is a keyboard with macro keys. so i could assign any keys to one of the keys to let me open a convo. but even using 1-4 on the numpad while the little toast is visible is good too. because the numpad keys would only be taken for the few seconds of the toast.

but if its a lot of trouble doing it, its not that important :).

EDIT: i had a little idea. is it possible that when the toast is clicked, a little window pops up in which you could chose who to start a chat with?

so i click the toast, and a small window with the 4 names pops up on which i can click one of the contacts and launch a window. So it would be click once, move mouse, click again. and chat is open

not sure which is better, numpad keys or that. :)

This post was edited on 08-07-2006 at 06:03 PM by Jiggs.
08-07-2006 05:57 PM
Jiggs

38 / Male / –
is it possible to have it not pop up if noone is online? or have the word "none". just blank isnt so pretty :)
08-08-2006 01:55 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [release] whos online toast
I'll edit the script so that if no one is online it says, rather than leaving it blank. As for the window popping and you selecting the contact, would you want all online contacts in one list, or just the four (or less) people named on that particular toast? If just the four on the toast, I'll need to make it so that there can be multiple instances of the same window open. It wouldn't imagine it being that hard to do. I just wanna be specific about it as I'll probably submit the next version to the script database
08-08-2006 05:15 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: