What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Fast & Simple Away/Busy System :)

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
[Request] Fast & Simple Away/Busy System :)
Author: Message:
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Fast & Simple Away/Busy System :)
Ta da! Big fanfair if you please! :D Works locally on my PC. Accesses the registry a lot so just check to make sure that your computer doesn't slow down too much (shouldn't do :p)

Just set status to "Busy" or "Away" in either Contacts List Window or Chat Window and a window will open up asking for the reason. When a user sends you a message, it auto-replies with your status, reason and time since the message was set.

.plsc File Attachment: Away-Busy.plsc (2.89 KB)
This file has been downloaded 226 time(s).
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-09-2006 07:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
problem-solver-wlm

i see a putty cat!!

brilliant thanks should upload it to the script database if you havnt already

EDIT:ok working fine so far tried it and using it good script

This post was edited on 08-09-2006 at 07:22 PM by problem-solver-wlm.
08-09-2006 07:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
I'll wait for people to report all the errors before I do that :p Just a little bit of feedback though and I should upload it
08-09-2006 07:20 PM
artfuldodga

O.P. RE: [Request] Fast & Simple Away/Busy System :)
works alright it seems... still testing it :)

it appears normal looking on my end with plus! installed (fonts/bold):

artfuldodga - Auto Reply: (Away) Reason: tv / food (Set 0hrs 0mins 51s Ago)

but, to the user who sent you a msg, and isn't using plus .. the bold code & color code, are of course visible & unchanged for them, i suggest using that purple color on the entire message.. & nothing more by default, let the users insert their own color codes. perhaps have an

Away > Settings .. and in there change things like, how they want it to be displayed, colors, font .. inserting color codes into the message..  if you want to use any at all, etc.

script replyed 'once', thats good... but it also should reply again, if
the contact that messages you, goes offline... and comes back, reply 'once' per session .. is what i mean.

off testing :P

edit1: if you are already set 'away' with a reason, but change your status to 'busy' and enter another reason, the script wont reply to that same user, your new reason for now being busy. (also should reset the count, when this is fixed)

edit2: setting yourself from away or busy back to 'online' and back to 'away' works fine, new reply is sent back to a user who msgs you.

when a user gets your msg in his/her messenger without plus! they receive:

some tag  - Auto Reply: (Away)  Reason:  eating trees (Set 0hrs 0mins 20s Ago)

but, if they paste to you, your own reply that poped up for them (without plus installed, they see the tag you used), your nickname in front, turns into their own :) .. when pasted back to you :P should use some other tag for this i think.. or no tag at all when sending to your contact, if you can't use anything but your nickname tag, give us an option to set our nickname to use in the reply msg.

artfuldodga          - Auto Reply: (Busy)   Reason:    eating trees       (Set    0hrs 7mins 45s     Ago)

pasted back to you (other users email or nick appear)

*****@hotmail.com          - Auto Reply: (Busy)   Reason:    eating trees       (Set    0hrs 7mins 45s     Ago)

Good Job, BTW :)

This post was edited on 08-09-2006 at 08:21 PM by artfuldodga.
08-09-2006 08:00 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
Ok the reason the name changes when copied and pasted is because it's using the "/me" command to display your name (this is also what makes the font purple).  I dont see why they would be copying and pasting it back to you anyway... :p I used this as otherwise it would say:

SpunkyLoveMuff says: (example)

I will add a function so that if the contact goes offline they will see the message again.
08-09-2006 08:41 PM
artfuldodga

yeah, guess i was being nit picky :) about the pasting back :P hm..

what does personalized status use, when it replys? i wonder.. take a look now

could probably just use

(color of choice)

Auto Reply (Away) Reason: blah blah ( 0hr etc ...

hard to explain, i just saw how Personalized Status replys to a user without Plus!, and on your own end its ... artfuldodga      auto-message: busy, but on their end its

artfuldodga says:
auto-message: busy

edit: .. no idea how this works really :) hehe i think it appears normal looking to thos without Plus! ex) the above paste .. and for thos with plus

artfuldodga auto-message: busy

i guess we do need this script to work in the same way, plus the elapsed time part.

however, i see nothin wrong with:

SpunkyLoveMuff says:
Auto-Reply etc etc ... as long as we can choose a diff color than our fonts are for typing.

only because, when you reply to a user without Plus! installed its this weird symbol :P anyway.. not your nickname.

This post was edited on 08-09-2006 at 09:06 PM by artfuldodga.
08-09-2006 08:46 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
If you want to choose different colours, people would be able to see the [c=?] tag the same way you can see the [b] tag if they don't have Plus!  I gotta ask a question about this anyway :p
08-11-2006 05:15 PM
artfuldodga

I meant if you go the other way :) without using Plus! tags

Contact Says:
Auto-Reply (Away) Reason: Drinking (Set 5h 20m Ago)

^
Color using a font that WLM supports :) & skip the hassle all together with the /me etc.

08-11-2006 05:30 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
I think I understand what you mean :p

I don't think you can change font colour without using Plus! colour tags though... WLM doesn't have any tags that you can sue and applies formatting to the whole message
08-11-2006 05:33 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Request] Fast & Simple Away/Busy System :)
some tips

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Accesses the registry a lot so just check to make sure that your computer doesn't slow down too much (shouldn't do :p)
Rethink your whole script/logic to avoid that.

You do not need to access the registry that many times like you do (every second), that's rather useless...

In fact, you don't need to use the registry at all. There is no reason why you should save the time to the registry when the status is set and especially no reason to save the elapsed time every second to the registry only to read it out when you recieve a message.

Instead, get the time as soon as the status changes and save that to a global variable. When you recieve a message, work out the elapsed time from that saved variable using the current time. No need for registry access at all in that way (and much more logic)...

---------------

PS: intend your scriptlines with tabs, it is a pain in the rear end to view/edit your script as-is ;)

---------------

additional note: the intention of the script is nice. But maybe also make a script which simply adds some additional tags to Messenger Plus! so the user can use those tags (time since status was activated) inside the already existing away message system of Messenger Plus!.

Remember that there are already tags the user can use (!PS_R), (!PS_RH), (!PS_RM) and (!PS_RS) for the remaining time, so simply make a script which adds (!PS_E), (!PS_EH), (!PS_EM) and (!PS_ES) for elapsed time.

And remember that there are already shortcuts available for customized statusses, quicktexts you can use to shorten the command to activate an away status, etc.

This post was edited on 08-12-2006 at 11:28 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-12-2006 09:09 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: