What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger Build 812

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger Build 812
Author: Message:
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: Windows Live Messenger Build 812
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
Yes it is a big skin and so many people will want it either to fit in with vista skins they have or maybe the vista beta they have.

But it doesn't even look like or match Vista's Aero Glass GUI :S!
Segosa is newb.
08-11-2006 05:46 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
4penguino
Banned

u cant make skins that have aero glass
shocking news!!
Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0812

Sorry about the delay here guys, but some of you may already know that a new build of Windows Live Messenger was released two days ago. At first no noticeable changes were found, it just seemed the same, but over the last few days some details have come to light and I will try and sum them all up here.

A few weeks ago Fanatic Live reported of a security issue with how Windows Live Messenger stores passwords. It was shocking to know they were stored as plain text and any small program could steal them within seconds. The vulnerability has still not been fixed despite this issue needs to be fixed ASAP, once again Microsoft are looking bad and Windows Live Messenger seems to scream 'rushed'.

Fanatic Live also posted changes within the files. The installer dated back to July 29th and is 90KB larger (not much) and 10 files have been modified in some way. I think it is a bit sloppy how it took 11 days from the build being compiled to it being released. On another note the installer now includes the Windows Live Toolbar if you want to install it.

Like in every new build (as it seems) the sign in issue has been 'fixed' again. I have seen threads all over various messenger support forums saying they have issues signing in with the new build, so who knows what is going on. However, program manager Leah provided us with an explanation why messenger had sign in troubles on the MessengerSays blog. Apparently it had something to do with the length of your friendly name.

Also webcam video and sound quality have been improved. You can now see your contact's webcam in sharper picture and hear them more clearly which is a great change seeing as these features have not been touched in such a long time.

Messenger Plus! Live is also having issues with the new build. The Yahoo! integration problem has come back to some people probably suggesting some changes have happened in this build with the Yahoo! integration, but the Windows Live Messenger team have mentioned nothing about it. On a side note another Messenger Plus! Live build is coming soon (4.02) to contain various bug fixes. Patchou is taking it easy for a bit (I don't blame him) and then he will work on some new features.

In conclusion this build may seem like no changes have happened. However, some good source code improvements have been happening and hopefully the sign in error has been tackled for the final time, but I think it may come back to haunt us again.
08-11-2006 06:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
black widow

licht is leven, licht is liefde

– / Female / –
Is this version compatible with plus live 4.01?
08-12-2006 11:04 AM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Messenger Plus Live! is compatible with the new version, although some are complaining of problems :S
...there used to be a signature here :)
08-12-2006 11:52 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by black widow
Is this version compatible with plus live 4.01?
Yes it is, just some yahoo integration bugs like contacts getting a number instead of their name on desktop or tab (not experienced it myself with this build yet).
[Image: 25dr3o9]
08-12-2006 11:54 AM
black widow

– / Female / –
Where can i find the dutch version of the mess patch voor this version? Its cald universal patch v09 or something?
08-12-2006 11:54 AM
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
theres a flood protection now, try flood someone and you should get a stop message saying too many messages in a minute or something like that, im guessing messpatch will have an option to disable that like all the other restrictions
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
08-12-2006 12:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by black widow
Where can i find the dutch version of the mess patch voor this version? Its cald universal patch v09 or something?
Mess patch isn't out for this version yet..keep an eye on http://mess.be/

quote:
We're sorry to announce a short delay in the release of Mess Patch for the newest version of Windows Live Messenger. You may or may not know that our program manager for Mess Patch, Rolando, lives in Lebanon and is among the hundreds of thousands of people who had to be displaced as a result of the violent crisis in the Middle East. For those who know Rolando, let me reassure you he's OK, but recent bombings have hindered him finishing off the patch in time for the promised release tonight. The new deadline is Saturday evening.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
08-12-2006 12:04 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
John Anderton says:
Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.00.0792
Messenger Plus! Live 4.01.0.240
CK/Sunshine says:
Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.00.0812
Messenger Plus! Live 4.01.0.240
John Anderton says:
ok i need to update
I admit i didnt even know about this update :dodgy:
* John Anderton downloads
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
08-12-2006 12:10 PM
black widow

– / Female / –
Well, i patched wlm 8.0.0812 with the nwe version, but there are a few things witch do not work.

1 I cannot see the avatars in my contactlist
2 I cannot see the colour around the avatar in conversation windows
3 I cannot see the icoon of sending e-mail in the conversation window.

For the rest everything is working fine. When can i fix those problems?
08-12-2006 12:11 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: