What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » OMG Screw getting a Mac...

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
OMG Screw getting a Mac...
Author: Message:
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: OMG Screw getting a Mac...
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
mine is set to slave, still works :P but yeah mine is a more complete tutorial (possibly best on t3h interw3bs at the moment :O:O:O:O:O) as most don't go into full depth step by step :P

True most don't, but I did less steps than you posted. Mine was really quite simple without all the partition setting and stuff.

Oh btw the AMD 10.4.7 update is out. I'm downloading it now to test it. I'll post on how I make out.

Did the update, screwed it up, now I got to reinstall. So don't do the update.

This post was edited on 08-13-2006 at 10:15 PM by DJeX.
[Image: top.gif]
08-13-2006 08:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
RE: OMG Screw getting a Mac...
does mac bugger up for you a bit?
08-14-2006 01:33 AM
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
does mac bugger up for you a bit?

Unfortunately it does :( Like it will randomly lock up or Safari will crash.  So I've decided to go back to my first plan to save up money for a Mac. :P
08-14-2006 02:53 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
I don't think i can install anything properly :P it just fails to load properly hehe but overall they are better than the college macs :P

I think it might just be because mine does not support sse3 properly does yours, oh add me to messenger or pm me your addy djex, so i can check to see if your already there :)

This post was edited on 08-14-2006 at 04:17 AM by aNILEator.
08-14-2006 04:15 AM
surfichris
Former Admin

quote:
In that case the AMD site lies. Meh.
Actually, it doesn't. Older 3400+s don't support SSE3 but the newer ones do. Use something like cpu-z to find out if yours does or not (Venice cores do support SSE3)

quote:
Agreed for overration. Just have a look at steve's keynote on the new version of MacOSx.
No, it was a developers conference. You expect them to announce all of the kiddy OS X features at a conference targetted at developers?

If you're talking about MS copying, Apple make similar statements every year at the WWDC.

quote:
Yea I seen that but your apps will run slower. I found a program that will also work and it's free called Darwine.
Actually, it'll only work if you have a dual core CPU and it runs at pretty damn close to native speeds (no video acceleration) because it makes use of a technology called virtualization.

Darwine sucks and is a mess.

quote:
Finally!, I just got it working, ended up that SSE3 isn't properly supported on dual cores (or at least doesn't work on OSX86)
SSE3 extensions are on every dual core processor (both Apple & AMD). They're also supported in Mac OS X for Intel processors. Yours didn't work because AMD processors are not supported - it is that simple.

quote:
Unfortunately it does (Smilie) Like it will randomly lock up or Safari will crash.  So I've decided to go back to my first plan to save up money for a Mac.
I hope you enjoy illegally running your illegal copy of Mac OS X. Even if you purchased Mac OS X, it does not entitle you to run it on any machine BUT an Apple system. You can expect continued dodgy support for applications.

This thread is VERY border line illegal and in most cases crosses the line. If you want to discuss this then you can do it over at the OSX86Project site.

My thoughts: Buy a Mac and don't try and put together your own dodgy implementations.
08-14-2006 04:29 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
I hope you enjoy illegally running your illegal copy of Mac OS X. Even if you purchased Mac OS X, it does not entitle you to run it on any machine BUT an Apple system. You can expect continued dodgy support for applications.

This thread is VERY border line illegal and in most cases crosses the line. If you want to discuss this then you can do it over at the OSX86Project site.

My thoughts: Buy a Mac and don't try and put together your own dodgy implementations.

He he well I started the thread and did not intend for it to go this far.
08-14-2006 04:41 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
lol as i say they still work better than the college macs they are always locking up and encountering unexpected errors just as your about to click save :@

what sort of mac were you thinking of getting, i think that i'd only ever get a laptop or mac mini, and if i did get a mac mini i'd HAVE TO GET THIS http://www.compwave.com/index.htm
08-14-2006 12:02 PM
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
I was thinking about getting the 20" iMac. I would love to get a Mac Pro but there too expensive.
08-14-2006 06:04 PM
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
I was using a new MacBook at work the other day, its really nice, got a webcam, bluetooth all built in and a media remote control.  T'is very nice, I'm gonna have to try and steal it :p
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
08-14-2006 07:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lemonade
Permanently Banned

ive tried a MACbook i was in toys'r'us i was supposed to be gettin guitar picks but the MACbook is cool so addictive just like......something but they are amazing i was on the internet lol its fast i had 12 programs and i was still very fast..why cant windows be like that
08-14-2006 08:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: