What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Is WLM reliable?

Is WLM reliable?
Author: Message:
gatepass007

sAd boy mAd boy.

40 / Male / –
O.P. Is WLM reliable?
Yesterday I downloaded new build of WLM. I thought that would help me resolving some of the problems I'm currently having. But I was wrong. I am still having the problems I had before ..

## Sometimes some of my contacts come online. But I can't see them online. But they send me messages. When they send me messages, I ask them "Are you in offline mode?". Lol! They aren't in offline mode ... but my messenger shows me that they are in offline mode.

## I can sign in using two different messengers (e.g; WLM and Gaim) to a single ID. Thats crazy ... If I sign in using WLM (first) and then Gaim ... WLM doesn't signs me out. Strange! I can send messages to my contacts from both of the messengers. But, I can recieve messages either in WLM or in Gaim.

So, my question is "Is Windows Live! Messenger reliable?" or thats just a crap?

I am missing MSN Messenger too much. But, I love Messenger Plus! Live more than MSN Messenger ... so I don't want to go back to MSN Messenger ...

When will M$ solve these f*****g problems?
08-11-2006 02:47 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Panachiba

Spanish User/Helper, Chile Presente!

– / Male / Flag
RE: Is WLM reliable?
quote:
Originally posted by gatepass007
## Sometimes some of my contacts come online. But I can't see them online. But they send me messages. When they send me messages, I ask them "Are you in offline mode?". Lol! They aren't in offline mode ... but my messenger shows me that they are in offline mode.

problems of servers.

quote:
o, my question is "Is Windows Live! Messenger reliable?" or thats just a crap?

is reliable.., but just gave it more time, the wlm is just started.

in my case, i dont have problems whit wlm :P, because my computer is very good and updated to 100%

edit: oh man..mi english sux..

This post was edited on 08-11-2006 at 03:05 AM by Panachiba.
Chile!!!!Seba!, Comunidad Hispana oficial
[Image: seba18an.jpg?dc=4675511111826395393]
[Image: panachiba.gif]
08-11-2006 02:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
## I can sign in using two different messengers (e.g; WLM and Gaim) to a single ID. Thats crazy ... If I sign in using WLM (first) and then Gaim ... WLM doesn't signs me out. Strange! I can send messages to my contacts from both of the messengers. But, I can recieve messages either in WLM or in Gaim.
That shouldn't happen at all. That is controlled by the servers, so again it's the servers playing up.
quote:
So, my question is "Is Windows Live! Messenger reliable?
The client itself is very reliable: it's the servers that are having issues currently.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
08-11-2006 12:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lemonade
Permanently Banned

Well its been playing up recently signing me out and in, the all famous connection error keeps coming up.Its annoying but hopefully not lifelong......

i have this problem: ## Sometimes some of my contacts come online. But I can't see them online. But they send me messages. When they send me messages, I ask them "Are you in offline mode?". Lol! They aren't in offline mode ... but my messenger shows me that they are in offline mode.

This post was edited on 08-11-2006 at 12:57 PM by lemonade.
08-11-2006 12:56 PM
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
I have a friend who had an e-mail saying the servers are being updated and to give it some time. Maybe an idea for now would be to either go on web messenger or just use the classic Windows messenger, which should be built into your windows xp.:P
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
08-11-2006 01:36 PM
4penguino
Banned

Yeh its annoying. The signing in and out problem happens alot but when i go on to windows messenger its fine must be server problems maybe there upgrading them? Like the e-mail said.
08-11-2006 02:03 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: