What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » "Previously sent messages sent to this contact" bug

"Previously sent messages sent to this contact" bug
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. "Previously sent messages sent to this contact" bug
This seems a kind of intentional bug to me however I find it annoying so I must report it.

In previously sent messages window, there are three filters as you know. However, the "Sent to this contact" filter depends on the first 6 characters of the email address of the contact whose chat window is open. So the messages sent to two different contacts whose email addresses' first 6 characters match are shown under this filter option for both contacts' chat windows. For example, in our country there are lots of people whose names are mehmet (note that there are six characters) so their email addresses mostly begin with mehmet and it causes this problem. Yeah, that is the name of my two contacts who helped me to discover this bug :)

Either let that filter match the whole email address, if too much load to computer, then at least increase the required character number which has to match with the current chat window's owner, to maybe 10 or 15 *-)

And I feel I have to remind this bug :) : Event notification in the info area will not show when "Ctct's activity is not logged"
03-14-2008 04:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: "Previously sent messages sent to this contact" bug
I had forgot about this problem until today when I encountered the same thing again. You may know, there is a Messenger Group Chat avaliable nowadays and all the groups' addresses start with "mgroup.....@" so the first 6 characters are the same. So this problem arises in these group conversations too when someone like me is member of more than one group.

Because my previous post was on 3.14.2008 but version 4.60 which has been released on 3.19.2008 didn't fix this problem, I wanted to attract attention to this again, maybe for version 4.70. Still, sorry for bumping.
07-10-2008 09:51 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: "Previously sent messages sent to this contact" bug
completely logic that it should match the complete address, imho. So I'll totally support this.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-11-2008 04:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: