What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » suggestion:about script

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
suggestion:about script
Author: Message:
lohonam

O.P. suggestion:about script
as everyone knows, msgplus live now supports script.
However, does anyone find that, it is quite annoyed that it is difficult to determine the version from the setting windows of msgplus live...

i would like to suggest to add a function/improvement.
add added date of script, description and version column to the setting page of script in the next version of msgplus live!

that is wt i want to suggest.

will u support me?
08-14-2006 09:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
RE: suggestion:about script
Yeah. Some more script facts would be good.
08-14-2006 10:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
"date of install" and "description" should be easy to add, and I agree it would be useful.

"version" is harder because currently there is no standard method yet for specifying the versionnumber. However, I think it's the most important one of all three. Patchou: please consider a mandatory versionnumber in ScriptInfo.xml. There are also people who want to make a update checker script, which checks the scripts DB RSS feed to automatically check for new versions of all your installed scripts, but that isn't possible without knowing which versions you have installed. And even if nobody would make a update checker... manually checking for updates is a hard task too right now.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-14-2006 10:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
These sound like very good ideas, I quite like them.  They would become useful for the likes of my gradient script I think, especially while I'm continually evaluating it, adapting it, expanding upon and just changing it in general.  This would help people relise that there ae newer versions a lot more easily rather than hoping that the script has an about UI that you have to check.
[Image: markee.png]
08-14-2006 01:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
I still think a built in update system, similar to the FireFox Extensions update one would be great, but I think Patch said he'd leave it to script devs.
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
08-14-2006 01:49 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
I still think a built in update system, similar to the FireFox Extensions update one would be great, but I think Patch said he'd leave it to script devs
True, but I am talking about leaving it to scripting devs. But there were already plans on this forum from somebody who wants to write a script that can check for updates on all installed scripts. All that would be needed for that is a generic method to get the versionnumber

* Menthix hopes :D
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-14-2006 01:58 PM
Yil2201

MsgPlus! Live Lover

32 / Male / –
I second you ;) Could be a great idea and useful. I made an update form for my new script ( AorSCS which will be released tonight or tomorrow ) using Delphi. I can share he source-code if anyone want it to add to his script ... About the version, we can put it in the ScriptInfo.xml, there is a <Version> line, isn't it ? So MsgPlus_ Live can take the v. number ... no ?
[Image: sign.png]
08-16-2006 10:15 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Yil2201
bout the version, we can put it in the ScriptInfo.xml, there is a <Version> line, isn't it ? So MsgPlus_ Live can take the v. number ... no ?
Yes, true... but the problem right now is that sctiptwriters aren't required to use the <Version> line, so a lot of scripts don't use it. Because of that it's impossible to create some generic method to detect the versionnumbers of all installed scripts. It would be awesome if all scripts were required to use the <Version> line.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-16-2006 04:25 PM
Yil2201

MsgPlus! Live Lover

32 / Male / –
Yeah... or maybe... sdministrators of ScriptDatabase ( like u MenthiX :P ) could modify the ScriptInfo.xml file of each script and put in those the version number or contact the autors and ask them to add the version number in the next release of their script ... too big work, i can imagine ... And you have other things to do... but if an evening you get boring in front of your pc ... :P

See you ;)
[Image: sign.png]
08-17-2006 04:37 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I don't want to force people to use <Version>, if developers who update their script should be happy to use it on their own, I don't see why it should be required (if it was, everybody who doesn't use it right now would probably leave it to 1.0).
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-17-2006 06:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: