What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Plus Mail

Plus Mail
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Plus Mail
currently theres a script that checks all your email accounts and lets you know when new email is received in any of them.

now thats fine and when i am at home thats really helpful i see new mail arrived in a certain account and off to MSN Explorer i go to pick it up. but lets say i see a message while at work that says i have a new email in my NTLWorld Account, i know the message is there but i dont have access to my ntlworld account from work so i now got it in the corner of my mind that i need to rush through all my work so i can get home and check my email which for all i know could be SPAM.

therefore considering the existing script knows all the login details for your account (that it uses to check for mail) surely you could extend the scripts functionality to enable you to read those emails from within the scripts interface, could someone please look into adding that functionality please?
08-15-2006 11:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Plus Mail
Well if you told the script the details, then you know them. So set up a webmail reader for them.
08-15-2006 12:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dave

33 / Male / Flag
yeh, can't you just read them off the internet?
PC Model: HP dv9340ea
WLM version: 14
MP!L version: 4.81
08-15-2006 02:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
Posting again, but with different words

It sounds a lot like you want an e-mail client in script form. Since there are already plenty of free e-mail clients around (Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail Desktop et al), and ntlWorld has a web interface, just use one of them.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
08-15-2006 02:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Plus Mail
yes in my case ntlworld does have a webmail interface, however my circumstances was the example, while this idea doesnt apply to me personally what i am getting at is there is likely to be plenty of people out there who use messenger in their working life getting the multi account mail notification who want to check their email but work for companys that dont allow you to install software on the companies pc's and who's isp's may not offer a webmail service. i was merely thinking of something for them. but maybe your right maybe it is too much for anyone to accomplish.
08-15-2006 06:35 PM
cloudhunter

37 / – / –
Well it's not too much, but it's rather pointless IMO.

[off-topic]Why read it in MSN Explorer? Lots of bloat for nothing. Just sign in through www.hotmail.com with your MSN account...[/off-topic]
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6717 days, 22 hours, 39 minutes, 48 seconds ago
08-15-2006 07:04 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
because personally i like the convenience of having everything all in  one place, it gives me access to all 3 of my emails accounts (hotmail, ntlworld & My Windows Group Hotmail Account) plus the online favourites and its a browser and it entitles me to free antivirus and firewall software through my premium subscription.
08-15-2006 07:52 PM
EyeBaller

RE: RE: Plus Mail
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
yes in my case ntlworld does have a webmail interface, however my circumstances was the example, while this idea doesnt apply to me personally what i am getting at is there is likely to be plenty of people out there who use messenger in their working life getting the multi account mail notification who want to check their email but work for companys that dont allow you to install software on the companies pc's and who's isp's may not offer a webmail service. i was merely thinking of something for them. but maybe your right maybe it is too much for anyone to accomplish.

I'm sure there must be a pop3 email client out there that you can use without installing (a quick google gave me Pocomail. I'm sure there's some free ones out there somewhere). This would be the easiest way to check your email if you don't want to use webmail.

Edit: Found Popcorn. Never used it, and now it's unsupported but might be worth a try. Keep it on your flashdrive and load it whenever you need it.

This post was edited on 08-15-2006 at 11:58 PM by EyeBaller.
08-15-2006 11:55 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
yeah i suppose so i dont really know about all these other things so maybe there is an alternative out there, thanks everyone for your help.
08-16-2006 05:46 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
but lets say i see a message while at work that says i have a new email in my NTLWorld Account, i know the message is there but i dont have access to my ntlworld account from work so i now got it in the corner of my mind that i need to rush through all my work so i can get home and check my email which for all i know could be SPAM.
This reason doesnt make much sense...

If you don't have access to that email at work because they blocked the mail provider, you also wont be able to get a notification. Vice versa, if you are able to get a notification, you also are able to read the mail at work.

quote:
what i am getting at is there is likely to be plenty of people out there who use messenger in their working life getting the multi account mail notification who want to check their email but work for companys that dont allow you to install software on the companies pc's
Then it is also not allowed to install Plus!.

quote:
but maybe your right maybe it is too much for anyone to accomplish.
It isn't so much that it is too much. It is more that it is quite useless as there are already hundreds of email clients available in all sorts and sizes.

Not everything must be integrated into Plus!. Messenger is a chat client, not an OS.

This post was edited on 08-16-2006 at 06:32 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-16-2006 06:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: