What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » A Few Suggestions

A Few Suggestions
Author: Message:
themrb

O.P. A Few Suggestions
Hey, I just have a new suggestions for the new messenger plus.

Custom Smiley blocker - You know those really annoying people that like have 'h' as a smiley, and their letters are all choppy, huge and flashing making it really hard to see?  It would be great if messenger plus had a way to block custom smilies of a specified length in characters (filtered by contacts), and maybe even block some contact's smileys overall.

I read the FAQ thing, but I just want to state that I hope messenger plus custom contact names come back, because in WLM you cannot just tag the name in front, you have to replace the entire name, and sometimes I want to see what the actual name of the contact is.

Lastly, I find the new encryption system a pain in the neck.  Everytime I just want to get a simple quote or review a chat - I have to wait a bit, and type in the encryption password.  Then windows asks me if I want to download this weird text file (named tmpdecrypt_e245.txt or similar), and I have to download that file and open it... while the place I suppose is supposed to show the chat logs is empty.

I liked the way messenger plus previously logged stuff.  Probably wasn't very secure though XD.
08-18-2006 10:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: A Few Suggestions
quote:
Originally posted by themrb
Custom Smiley blocker - You know those really annoying people that like have 'h' as a smiley, and their letters are all choppy, huge and flashing making it really hard to see?  It would be great if messenger plus had a way to block custom smilies of a specified length in characters (filtered by contacts), and maybe even block some contact's smileys overall.
I really like the idea of this script, it could become quite useful.

quote:
I read the FAQ thing, but I just want to state that I hope messenger plus custom contact names come back, because in WLM you cannot just tag the name in front, you have to replace the entire name, and sometimes I want to see what the actual name of the contact is.
I on't like this either but I live with it.  The way I overcome it is by opening a chat with them and hovering over their tab (as I have tabbed chats enabled) and that gives me the display name of the contact.
[Image: markee.png]
08-19-2006 04:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
themrb

O.P. RE: RE: A Few Suggestions
And another one, on tabbed chats, when you close one it goes right back to the start.  Maybe there should be an option just to go to the previous one, it gets really annoying when you want to close everything but the first window.
08-19-2006 05:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: A Few Suggestions
quote:
And another one, on tabbed chats, when you close one it goes right back to the start.  Maybe there should be an option just to go to the previous one, it gets really annoying when you want to close everything but the first window.
You can just right click on each tab and go to "Close Chat Window".  This will save having to change tabs just to press the x in the top right corner.
[Image: markee.png]
08-19-2006 05:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: