What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion: Add other QuickIcon-like windows

Suggestion: Add other QuickIcon-like windows
Author: Message:
ZStoner

O.P. Suggestion: Add other QuickIcon-like windows
Would it be possible to add similarly designed windows that the Quick Icon popup window has?

I was thinking that perhaps this concept could be extended to the following popup toolbar buttons: Winks, Backgrounds and Download Pack

My preference is such that the "What's Hot" sections are not there as I have no need for them, and it gets in my way.  It's also very hard for my young one to use them since sometimes she clicks on them when trying to chat to me at work from mom's Messenger account.

The Messenger Plus Quick Icon window has helped for that section since those "special features" aren't there.  :)  It would be nice for the others to similarly remove "What's Hot" sections and just show the ones I have.

For the Winks and Backgrounds windows, they share a common feature to the Emoticons window:  They both have "two" categories for the end-user.
Winks has "Default Winks" and "My Winks".  And the Backgrounds buttons has "Dynamic Backgrounds" and "Regular Backgrounds".

Both of these might be able to use the same control that you used for the Quick Icons window.  Though a difference would be the size of the images displayed since they show thumbnail-sized images rather than emoticon-sized smilies.

For Download Pack, that's a bit different.  I suppose my better preference would be to add an option to simply hide that button altogether, as I would have no plan to ever click on the Download Pack menu on the toolbar.

MP!L is great stuff.  Keep up the good work.
----Z.
08-21-2006 07:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Suggestion: Add other QuickIcon-like windows
You can hide buttons, "What's Hot" and do a lot more, with a patch.

Mess Patch is probely the most popular, you can do most of what you have said with this.

An alternative is A-Patch.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
08-21-2006 08:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: