What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Modify location of Toast-messages

Modify location of Toast-messages
Author: Message:
Eagle_Erwin

Eagle Erwin

38 / Male / –
O.P. Modify location of Toast-messages
In my Windows XP-configuration, I have my Start-bar on the left side of the screen, instead of the bottom of the screen. The result of this change is that toast-messages are placed on the bottom-left side of the screen instead of the bottom-right side. Is there a way to change this position back to the bottom-right side, because I hate the toast-message to be on the bottom-left side. Imagine writing a message, and somebody signs in: the toast message places over your writing field, and you can't read what you are typing.
08-20-2006 09:18 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Modify location of Toast-messages
Aren't the Messenger toasts also displayed in the bottem left corner? What about balloon tips for system tray icons? Also, other programs use this same position to show toast like boxes as it is actually the standard position given by Windows as it is the closest to the systemtray.

So, Plus! uses that same position too....

Of course, this can be programmed so the position can be choosen. And maybe this isn't such a bad suggestions afterall. Just pointing out why the toast displays where it displays and that isn't a random choice.

;)

This post was edited on 08-20-2006 at 11:44 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-20-2006 11:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Silentdragon

if(life==null && wrists) EmoAlert();

34 / Male / –
Would be even better if I could make them pop out of my toaster, but really toasts coming out of the middle of the side the screen or the drop down from the top(taskbar on bottom of course) would be awesome.
08-20-2006 11:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
PS: in Plus!3 there were registry values which indicate the position of the toast and other stuff.

But they were reset from time to time (to the positions of the messenger toast).

And I don't know atm if they are still going to be available or if they are available in Plus!Live (I doubt it somehow; didn't tested this yet though)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<your_msn_addy>\Preferences\ToastPopup*
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-20-2006 11:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eagle_Erwin

Eagle Erwin

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Modify location of Toast-messages
The given registry-key doesn't exists in Messenger Plus! Live. And yes, all messenger toast-messages are displayed at the same position, it are not only the Plus! toast messages.
08-21-2006 07:51 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: