What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » HELP (can't log on from work)

HELP (can't log on from work)
Author: Message:
alpha_angel01

I wud rather burn out than fade away

42 / Female / Flag
O.P. Huh?  HELP (can't log on from work)
I am now so damn highly frustrated, i cannot log onto any messenger programs from work - wlm messenger comes up with error reading 80072745, but with the same laptop i can sign on at home usin my wireless connection. Something at work is preventing me loggin on. I did everything that support at microsoft has sent through and its still not working. :@, i posted a similar thrad b4. there has to be some brainy person out there to help me.

This post was edited on 08-23-2006 at 09:35 AM by WDZ.
The person who does not make mistakes usually does not make anything
08-23-2006 09:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Zahid™

– / Male / Flag
RE: HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Try this:
quote:
Originally posted by http://stiggy.be/msn/index.php/Error_Codes%287%29
This is sometimes caused by the cache left on Internet Explorer. If your internet's working fine, then follow these steps. Otherwise, skip the bullet-points and read below.

* Close MSN Messenger
    * Open Internet Explorer. Set it to work offline (File -> Work Offline)
    * Close Internet Explorer and reopen it. Now set it to work online (File -> Work Offline [Untick]).
    * Open Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> type "cmd" and hit enter)
    * Type "ipconfig /flushdns". You should recieve a message that your DNS has been successfully flushed.
    * You should now be able to connect to MSN Messenger. Open MSN and see if the problem is fixed. If it is, stop reading!

If the problem is not yet fixed, it's likely you've got a problem with your internet connection as the error actually says. To do this, you may want to:

* Reboot your router or modem (if it's a USB modem, try unplugging and plugging it back in).
    * Rebooting your computer

Rebooting your computer, router and modem will fix it for certain, however this takes time. You may want to try the Internet Explorer trick first.
[Image: Zahid.png]
08-23-2006 09:21 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
alpha_angel01

I wud rather burn out than fade away

42 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
tried this, still does not work, we have adsl at work and we are networked, everbody else on their normal desktops can connect to msn, only me with my laptop i cannot connect. grrrrrrrrrrrr, this is drivin me insane
The person who does not make mistakes usually does not make anything
08-23-2006 09:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: