What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Sharing folder synchronizing

Sharing folder synchronizing
Author: Message:
outlawz

O.P. Sharing folder synchronizing
I have done just about every posted solution to fix my problem with the sharing folders. I dont know if its msn itself or if its me, but everything ive read that could fix it, hasnt worked. Now i would like to know if this is happening to anyone else. Since for about 3-4 months, my sharing folder says "Sharing Folders can't synchronize right now but will try again later" ... what is another thing that can be causing this? :^) 8o|
09-04-2006 02:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Sharing folder synchronizing
quote:
Originally posted by outlawz
I have done just about every posted solution to fix my problem with the sharing folders.
to avoid duplicated posts and suggestions (as you already did that stuff), can you list everything in detail what you already tried.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-04-2006 02:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cypherth

ill write my problem with folder syncrhonizations here because i dont want to open another thread.
i use xp sp2 with the latest updates. messenger version 8.0812, with messenger plus latest version. i use zonealarm, latest version as a firewall and nod32 as antivirus latest version also.
when i open my shared folders with me girlfriend it cannot synchronize, both systems are ntfs and use the same programmes as above. i tried to disable/enable both windows and zonealarm firewall, activete/deactivate nod32. i tried to use all the combinations. i sent email in microsoft, made a clean uninstall and install of messenger, tried to upgrade and downgrade the program. nothing happens....
i dont know what else to do. the only thing i did not made until now is the format (sorry for my english), but i dont want to format my disk.
sometimes when i dont look at it, once a week! it starts to synchronize without doing something on my pc!!! all wanted ports are open in both routers.
second proble is that sometimes i lose my buddies pictures. i have not activetes in privacy tab the one says "do not cache ......"
any solution?
09-04-2006 06:03 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
3rd party firewalls, internet security software, etc can all cause troubles with sharing folders.

Note that even with some firewalls and internet security softwares disabling them will not totally disable them. And even with some (bad) ones you need to totally uninstall them to lift the restrictions caused by them. However, most have options to allow (ignore) certain programs, ports, etc to be used without restrictions.

But all this said, recently more people have reported problems with the sharing folders not being able to sync (I also have experienced the same yesterday and today btw). But this is due server problems and you can't do anything about it than wait and try again later.

PS: Don't double post. If you need to add something before someone has replied, edit your message using the [Image: edit.gif] button underneath your post. Also don't bump threads if they don't contain posts older than a few days, this isn't an instant chat program or irc client. ;)

This post was edited on 09-04-2006 at 04:36 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-04-2006 04:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cypherth

thnks
09-04-2006 04:49 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend