What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Scripters i got an idea

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Scripters i got an idea
Author: Message:
Zahid™

– / Male / Flag
RE: Scripters i got an idea
But your contacts display pictures are already stored on your computer as soon as you sign in so all stealers are doing is getting from the folder where they are all stored :P.
[Image: Zahid.png]
10-21-2006 06:39 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Scripters i got an idea
quote:
Originally posted by Hero__dragon
well then can you call seeing contacts contacts in xfire an invasion of privacy? I mean come on, you even see what they are playing and in what server......
The feature of Windows Messenger is not an invasion of privacy since a contact needs to give his explicit permission to someone to appear in that someone's friend list.

People can not simply go adding contacts to their own friends list without the contacts' explicit permission.

quote:
ow yeah and what do recall stealing DP is HUH? tell, guz that is the biggest privacy invasion..... because sometimes there are pictures of the contacts.....stalker
There is no such thing as "stealing a DP". The word stealing comes from tools which call it that, but there is nothing stealing about it.

DP's are public, and they are sent to your computer already. Otherwise you wont be able to see the graphic in the first place. If you want to see something on your screen it has to be send to you, that's how computers work.

What that so called "stealing" does is simply copying the _already present_ graphics from your cache directory to another directory of your choice. There is absolutely no connection to be made to your contacts, let alone, break in into their computer or whatever to grab the graphic. The graphic is already on your PC the moment you see it.

quote:
might be so but the fact that it will then be saved on ur computer, explain that.
There is nothing to explain. That is the way computers work. It can't show you anything if it isn't locally available.

quote:
And besides, ur friend knows a friend that u don't have on ur list, then  you can easily add him/her....or even make  more friends or maybe get more contacts to blok you :P
If your friend's friend has given his permission to be on your friend's friendlist, then yes you can add him. That is exactly what the privacy statement says, and that is exactly why that friend's friend must give his permission to your friend.

PS: stop double posting. If you want to add something to a previous post before anyone has replied, use the edit button below your post to alter your post.

quote:
Originally posted by Puniksem
Surely being able to see your contacts contact list is an infringement in MSN general policy.
No it is not. Friends must give their permission to be on your friends list.

This post was edited on 10-21-2006 at 06:54 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-21-2006 06:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hero__dragon

O.P. RE: Scripters i got an idea
well then i guess it wasn't the best idea.
But atleast now a lot of me, including me, now that.
and dude thnx for the terms of use policy. I never read those things, guess i should start now :P thnx guys
i mean a lot of poeple,incluiding me :P
10-21-2006 06:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: