What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta
Author: Message:
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger 8.1 beta
Biggest question, whats new in this Messenger, will it be the majorly wanted "Tabs", because there isnt much else they can add to the software *-)
...there used to be a signature here :)
08-25-2006 11:17 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by DevilFX
Biggest question, whats new in this Messenger, will it be the majorly wanted "Tabs", because there isnt much else they can add to the software *-)
That would be nice but I doubt it.  The reason why they haven't done it in the past is due to time constrictions and as stated before, it hasn't been too long since 8.0 was publically releaced.
[Image: markee.png]
08-25-2006 11:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
That would be nice but I doubt it.  The reason why they haven't done it in the past is due to time constrictions and as stated before, it hasn't been too long since 8.0 was publically releaced.
True yes but i remember someone saying to mess.be (this person was someone who worked at microsoft and was known in the messenger community apparently) a while back that the next major release will contain one of the most wanted features, i dont know if this still is true, but what would be classed as most wanted?

This post was edited on 08-25-2006 at 11:32 AM by Eddie.
08-25-2006 11:31 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
True yes but i remember someone saying to mess.be (this person was someone who worked at microsoft and was known in the messenger community apparently) a while back that the next major release will contain one of the most wanted features, i dont know if this still is true, but what would be classed as most wanted?
Yeah it is y far the most wanted.  Myabe they startd work on it before 8.0 was released.  It didn't seem like they did too much in the last couple of releases so it's a possibility.  We'll just have to wait and see I guess.
[Image: markee.png]
08-25-2006 11:37 AM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
The new....

quote:
Originally posted by mess.be

One-click sex offender report button added to Messenger

dwergs says:

Almost three years ago Microsoft shut down most of their MSN chat rooms because sex offenders were abusing the service to get in touch with under-aged users. The suggested alternative for online chatting at the time was MSN Messenger which allowed buddy list control. Needless to say sexual predators, often by posing as fellow teens, have found their way onto contact lists and police fear that more than 50,000 potential sexual predators are online at any given moment.

Last month 21-year-old Lee Costi from the UK was jailed after persuading a 13-year-old girl to perform sex acts for him to watch via his webcam. An examination of Costi's computer found more than 350 logs of online conversations with young girls in chat rooms and MSN Messenger, as well as with paedophiles around the world. And this is just one case of many, leading the US Congress to debate banning the sale of webcams to those under 18 (the idea has been dismissed by online child protection experts).

"Enough is enough", Microsoft and the UK's Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) must've thought, and they joined hands to safeguard children from online sexual abuse and grooming. The result: a Windows Live/MSN Messenger tab with a big red REPORT ABUSE button, and a weekly online safety tip for youngsters.

As for the moment, the tab is only available to people with UK accounts. But the London-based internet child protection watchdog CEOP has up to 100 staff and tracks sexual predators domestically and across international borders, using strategic partnerships and legislative powers to bring them to account.

In similar fashion, Amsterdam police has plans to employ Windows Live/MSN Messenger to investigage crimes involving youngsters or track missing teenagers. According to a spokesperson there are quite a lot of cases in which young people are the most important witnesses. Whether this will turn out to be a Messenger tab as well remains unknown.

This post was edited on 08-25-2006 at 11:38 AM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
08-25-2006 11:38 AM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
wtf o.o

* Eljay is sooo gonna report traxor as a sex offender.. mwahaha 8-)
08-25-2006 11:41 AM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
That wouldnt really be anything worth a Beta vaccination lol, but i agree with markee, all have to wait until Butterflies :refuck: get hold of it.
08-25-2006 11:44 AM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
That wouldnt really be anything worth a Beta vaccination lol, but i agree with markee, all have to wait until Butterflies :refuck: get hold of it.

Ya it was a joke. ( it is true but i don't think that would be the point of the beta.)

This post was edited on 08-25-2006 at 11:50 AM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
08-25-2006 11:49 AM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I signed up, I hope I actually get picked this time, there are a lot of noobs who got picked in the past who never report bugs :P

This post was edited on 08-25-2006 at 11:56 AM by absorbation.
08-25-2006 11:56 AM
Kenji
Veteran Member

Previously: Dazmatic, Dazzy, :zippy:

32 / Male / Flag
i cant find it, some one tell me where it is :undecided:
08-25-2006 12:12 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »