What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [request] taskbar prioritizer

[request] taskbar prioritizer
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. [request] taskbar prioritizer
ok i don't know if anyone else would use this but i will put it out there just incase. ok you know how whenever you receive a new message on WLM or any version of messenger for that matter your messenger chat button in your taskbar glows orange, well yeah it lets you know a message is there thats great but if you got alot of those showing up at once you cannot (at a glance) prioritize which one to read first, for example lets say you gotta a contact you urgently need to speak to if your busy and your orange glow shows up youll just most likely think "oh who is it now, ill look at those later" and consequently may miss them by the time you eventually get round to reading the messages.

my idea is to make a script that you can set which contacts messages should be classes as "urgent" "semi urgent" "not urgent" and instead of them flashing up orange for every message the script would say colour code them.

red glow = urgent (must read immediately)
yellow glow = semi urgent (is important but could wait a little bit)
green glow = not urgent (the village gossip is messaging you about that flousey who lives a few doors down)

that way you can prioritize each message on its own merit resulting in improved time management. anyone up to the challenge of writing this? and more importantly would anyone other than me use this?
08-25-2006 05:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [request] taskbar prioritizer
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=65274

search before asking

quote:
Originally posted by 134jimbodude
can a script be made to do this

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
No.  The colour depends on the Theme you are using.  Some themes even have a little LED look-a-like thing that flashes instead of a different colour.  So it depends too much on your visual style.

08-25-2006 05:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [request] taskbar prioritizer
thanks for directing me to the correct place.
08-25-2006 07:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: