What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Sujestion for a script! Please someone do it! lol

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Sujestion for a script! Please someone do it! lol
Author: Message:
cooldude_i06

I'm so cool I worry myself.

– / Male / –
RE: Sujestion for a script! Please someone do it! lol
What you are asking is basicly impossible. Most people today have routers and a NAT setup, so you can only ping their external ip address, which is ON all the time. Their internal computers could be ON or OFF, it wouldnt matter. And you cant ping internal computers even if you did know their private IP. This would only work for someone directly plugged into the modem or using a switch or a hub.
[Image: clb2.jpg]
08-26-2006 07:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Zeh

DC 4 EVER!

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Sujestion for a script! Please someone do it! lol
Actually everyone i know don't have routers. LOL. I'm the only person I know that has a router and that's because I have Wi-fi in my house. Everyone else I know have simple cable modems connected to their computer by usb or ethernet cable. So I guess that everyone I want to had to a script like that to ping would only show online when they would actually have their computer on. But one thing though I contacted the 2 major ISP here and one of them provides dynamic IP wich would make the script useless has said before. It would only work to about half of my contact list and so I guess I really don't need it anymore because the person I really want to ping uses a dynamic IP.
[Image: Zeh.png][Image: x copy.jpg]
| Windows Live Messenger Beta Tester | Windows Live Mail Beta Tester |
08-26-2006 08:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: