What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » uninstall problem

uninstall problem
Author: Message:
edn1

– / Male / –
O.P. uninstall problem
Hi.

Basically i have unistalled MP 3, in fact a while ago now. But every since then every time i switch on my pc i get an error message saying it was not uninstalled properly and that i should reinstall it.

I don't want to reinstall it, particuarly as i got rid of messenger 7.5 when i got the WLM beta.

Before anyone asks i DID uninstall it via add/remove progs.

How do i get rid of this error message ?

What get's me is that after uninstalling it i did the usual rebooting the pc and it confirmed before rebooting it was done ok so how did it happen.. corrupt file(s) ?

07-10-2006 05:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: uninstall problem
The uninstaller probably got corrupted when you used an ad/spyware removal program (whilst you had the optional sponsor of Plus! installed).

Reinstall as it says then immediately uninstall.

This post was edited on 07-10-2006 at 06:24 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
07-10-2006 06:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
edn1

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: uninstall problem
Apologies for bringing my thread back up, it's better than making a new one about the same thing.

Sunshine, i did not install the optional sponsor software so i'm not sure that could apply to me. Though certainly it could still have gotten corrupted whilst an adware / spyware / virus scan was done.

I have now twice tried re-installing the old version and then uninstalling that but it's made it worse, i now get TWO pop ups displaying the same thing !

Someone make it go away [that means help then ;p] !

I was hoping someone would have posted another reply advising me what to do to get rid of this problem.

Patchou or another mod can you tell me wha ti need to do to stop this so called install/uninstall issue ?

I suppose i will have to eventually have a prod around the registry to get rid of whatever messenger plus files are in their ....

erm so yeah .. HELP !? thanks ;)
07-22-2006 05:55 PM
genna91

This is the exact problem that I am having...could anyone help?
08-19-2006 05:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
When you try to re-install and then re-uninstall next time, make sure all antivirus programs you have are disactivated - they are most likely the cause of the corruption.
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

08-19-2006 05:58 PM
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
And perhaps try re-downloading the file .exe file from here. Possible it was/is corrupted.
08-19-2006 06:12 PM
genna91

thank you SO much, downloading that file worked. THANK YOU!!!
08-19-2006 07:47 PM
edn1

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: uninstall problem
Hi. Firstly my apoloies if anyone is bothered by me bringing this back up .

Secondly, I follwed the link provided by Haydn, downloaded & installed th eold messenger plus! and it solved the problem. Great i thought, good now i can uninstall it. Oh no you didnt! It has gone and done it again.

This is very annoying now and doing my head in, why is it not just doing what it used to do and unistall and leave me in peace & quite.

I'm a bit suspect that their is something either corrupt with the whole messenger plus installer/uninstaller or their is something built in triggering this responce.

Never before in the 4 years and more that i have owned a computer have i had such a problem, nor since first using messenger plus series of plug in tools have i suffered from any issues like this.

If anyone with advice could be forthcomung with advice ASAP it would really be appreciated.

and if i'm at fault and had made an oversight well then i'm just a tool arent i.
08-29-2006 06:28 PM
cloudhunter

37 / – / –
Try firstly checking in task manager if msgplus.exe is running in the processes. If so, then end it.

Then go to program files and delete the messenger plus directory.

Next use either msconfig, or some sort of startup editor to remove any entries relating to msgplus.

Cloudy
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6712 days, 18 hours, 46 minutes, 37 seconds ago
08-29-2006 07:39 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version