What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Timezone v1.01.024

Pages: (20): « First « 14 15 16 17 [ 18 ] 19 20 » Last »
[Release] Timezone v1.01.024
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Timezone v1.01.024
isn't it more logical and natural to treat numbers with dots and commas as decimal numbers, and only a double point as a hour/minute value?

Decimal numbers are written with a dot or with a comma depending on the country you're in, but time is always understood with a double point.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-26-2006 06:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
phalanxii

32 / Male / Flag
I think that was always his intention, though he had a few bugs which prevented it from working properly.

These bugs have been fixed in his latest version (v1.01.24) though, which works exactly like you suggested (dots and commas as decimal numbers, double points/colons as hour/minute values).

Keep up the good work, Shon. (Y) If you need help with the GUI, I can give it a go. :)
09-26-2006 08:13 AM
NanaFreak
Scripting Contest Winner

32 / Male / Flag
hey sondiot i know you have said to me that you want to make it all yourself but i would be more than happy to make the GUI for you (i think i have had more experience than phalanixii)

so if you need a hand with it just give me a yell and i will be straight on it for you :cheesy: just tell me what you need and it will be done (if you can get it to work on time zones i can get them to work from that easy :P)
09-26-2006 08:21 AM
Shondoit

Hmm, Just Me...

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Timezone v1.01.024
@Cookie, this is already the case... Though it wasn't in all previous version
And take your time on the PathChunk thingy, I have no rush bout that

@Phalanxii and Jay_Jay, as Jay_Jay already said, I would like to do it myself. I want to learn how to make GUIs myself. but thanks anyway
My scripts:                            [Image: shondoit.gif]
+ Timezone
+ Camelo
+ Multisearch
09-26-2006 12:18 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Shondoit
@Phalanxii and Jay_Jay, as Jay_Jay already said, I would like to do it myself. I want to learn how to make GUIs myself. but thanks anyway
for the timezone thingie, take a look at how it is done in Windows.... but one thing windows doesn't do (which I thought it did :/), is highlighting the selected timezone on the map too (together with centralizing it).... all that would be great ;)

PS: one thing which is far from easy is to implement is a proper DTS setting. Despite what you might expect, the beginning and ending of DTS can (and will) change from year to year for certain timezones; so you can't have a fixed value for that, this needs to be looked up each year... (and of course DTS doesn't start and end in each DTS enabled timezone on the same time).

This post was edited on 09-26-2006 at 05:40 PM by CookieRevised.
09-26-2006 05:34 PM
Shondoit

Hmm, Just Me...

35 / Male / Flag
I already looked into those things...

The timezone settings are all saved in the registry
So you don't have to select your own timezone
the DTS settings are save also, even the date when it changes...
But people live in different timezones, with different date when to change to/from DST
But fortunately it is a fixed date, not octobre 24th (for example) but the third sunday of octobre...
I can save those settings for each contact, and then it'll change them automaticaly, it wouldn't be a big obstacle...

As for the map, it won't be implemented in the next version...
I'm working on positioning and settings, and I may release it then, or I'll add a list with contacts and the timezone settings for each and then release it... Depends on how much time the first two take
+ Timezone
+ Camelo
+ Multisearch
09-26-2006 05:47 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release] Timezone v1.01.024
quote:
The timezone settings are all saved in the registry
So you don't have to select your own timezone
the DTS settings are save also, even the date when it changes...
I wasn't talking about the users own timezone, but about the GUI/timezone you set for your contacts. It would be very handy and nice looking if it was like in Windows I think.

quote:
But people live in different timezones, with different date when to change to/from DST. But fortunately it is a fixed date, not octobre 24th (for example) but the third sunday of octobre...
I can save those settings for each contact, and then it'll change them automaticaly, it wouldn't be a big obstacle...
that's what I meant, it is not always the third sunday of october (for example), it can be the second too or the day before. Heck, in some cases the DST isn't even activated each year (sounds strange, but it is :/). DST is reviewed each year by the countries and is able to change each year (whatever the politics decide). Of course in most countries the scheme will not change, but there are many countries where it does. Even in the US, they recently changed it (in 2005 I thought), and in 2007 it will be different than how it is now. But it is possible it will change back to the scheme used in 2005. In Chile the DST was delayed in 1987 and in 1990. In Australia the DST is very erratic.

This post was edited on 09-26-2006 at 06:45 PM by CookieRevised.
09-26-2006 06:29 PM
Shondoit

Hmm, Just Me...

35 / Male / Flag
All those things are saved in the registry...

My plans were like this:

You have Timezone (TZ) and your contact has TZ, now when your contact asks what timezone you're in, TZ will (try to) detect the command of someone asking your timezone. TZ will automatically reply with all the required data, and your contact's TZ will process it...
When a contact asks, which doesn't have TZ, your TZ will still reply, but the contact will just see all the info...
Once your contact's TZ receives all the data, it is automaticaly stored in the Registry and calculated...

It's not that hard to make, I just have to intepret one receiving command, and reply with the Registry data

btw, Cookie, did you found out how to use the PathChunk yet?

This post was edited on 09-26-2006 at 06:39 PM by Shondoit.
+ Timezone
+ Camelo
+ Multisearch
09-26-2006 06:37 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release] Timezone v1.01.024
quote:
All those things are saved in the registry...
but this is not always accurate. And if you see how many people will not update (eg: SP1 to SP2) that information is less and less reliable. Many problems occur too if MS decides to update those regisrty settings (if it updates them at all that is, MS doesn't always issue an update for that), as it often simply adds new timezones instead of changing the existing timezones when erratic changes occur.

Though, it's better then nothing. Although maybe getting the settings from a website would be more accurate though.(eg: use the "The zoneinfo database")

quote:
btw, Cookie, did you found out how to use the PathChunk yet?
not looked into it yet

This post was edited on 09-26-2006 at 06:59 PM by CookieRevised.
09-26-2006 06:55 PM
Plan-1130

I keep askin' myself: why?

73 / Male / –
This is some very, very nice script as I got buddies all over the world.
Easy to use, very handy, good script :)
My Scripts: UltimatFlooder, Advanced PSM Chat, PlusPrivacy, PlusRemote

[Image: Plan-1130.png]
10-24-2006 09:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (20): « First « 14 15 16 17 [ 18 ] 19 20 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: