What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » no notification - no blinking, no sound on tabbed chats

no notification - no blinking, no sound on tabbed chats
Author: Message:
joannekhow

– / Female / –
O.P. no notification - no blinking, no sound on tabbed chats
Hi all,

Initially, i thought I was the only one with the problem but my husband does too now. So I know, there must be a problem somewhere. I have also tried searching the forum for help, but I don't seem to see anyone with the same problem, but pls pardon me if these questions have been asked before.

When I group my msgs, sometimes, replies I get from any of these friends, doesnt blink and doesnt make any sound notification at all. I actually found out that they replied me when I went back to their window, only to see nudges and msgs being sent already.

2ndly, sometimes when I receive msgs but do not click on it to read/check, the blinking actually disappears after a few minutes.

3rdly, when I "show desktop" with "control-D", my groupped window "restores down" (which means it shrinks down to half the size of maximised window) although it was maximised when I was using it. It also jumps to another another window eventhough I was on Person A's window, but this is negligible. Just thought I would highlight this.

Problem 1 and 2 is bad coz my husband uses msn to talk to his clients and it reflects very badly on him when he doesnt respond to his customers when they reply, coz he doesnt even know they replied. I hope someone can help. thanks a million and i think msgplus is brilliant!

Joanne

I forgotten one other problem.

I left my pc on last night and when I came to take a look at it just now, half of the windows open on the grouped chats had their names changed to "1" instead of their usual nicks. and some of the users who were online on the main msn windows, was offline on the grouped chat windows as in their windows tab were grey in colour instead of green.

08-30-2006 03:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: no notification - no blinking, no sound on tabbed chats
quote:
Originally posted by joannekhow
2ndly, sometimes when I receive msgs but do not click on it to read/check, the blinking actually disappears after a few minutes.
That's a Windows thing: Windows only blinks taskbar buttons for so long.
quote:
I left my pc on last night and when I came to take a look at it just now, half of the windows open on the grouped chats had their names changed to "1" instead of their usual nicks. and some of the users who were online on the main msn windows, was offline on the grouped chat windows as in their windows tab were grey in colour instead of green.
Reported many times: have you got the absolute latest version of Plus!? (4.01)
[Image: spartaafk.png]
08-30-2006 10:10 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
joannekhow

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: RE: no notification - no blinking, no sound on tabbed chats
quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
That's a Windows thing: Windows only blinks taskbar buttons for so long.
but the former msgplus in for msn 7.5 didnt have this problem, it will blink until i read it.

quote:
Reported many times: have you got the absolute latest version of Plus!? (4.01)

i am using version 4.01.0.240, is that the latest? how do i solve this problem?
08-30-2006 10:30 AM
zedison_c

– / Male / –
RE: no notification - no blinking, no sound on tabbed chats
actually it might be some body who touches your PC cause my friend had this problem when he left his messenger on but at that point of time he didn lock his PC hence his messages was red by his family members which he later found out.... i guess that is most likely the problem
08-30-2006 11:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
joannekhow

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: no notification - no blinking, no sound on tabbed chats
I am pretty sure it wasn't anyone who touched it. I have been having this problem since msgplus launched on that fateful Saturday. I have that problem since then.

Thanks for the thought. :)
08-30-2006 11:34 AM
joannekhow

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: no notification - no blinking, no sound on tabbed chats
help.....
08-31-2006 05:14 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version