What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » '80004005' error at sign in...

'80004005' error at sign in...
Author: Message:
xDarkesTxElemenTx

35 / Male / –
O.P. '80004005' error at sign in...
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS

Okay, what is this error I am having when I try to sign into Windows Live Messenger? Let me just say that, this is not the first time I have had this error. I thought it was simply something out of the blue, and me being myself...I formatted my entire computer 10 times, each time keep trying to figure out what it was. I believe I've finally obtained the answere as to what it basically is. I was on Windows Live Messenger yesterday, when it happened again. I had changed my name in my prefrences, but then I had noticed that it did not update in any chats I talked in. So, I signed out, and attempted to sign back in to try to fix the problem, but instead it just gave me the same error again, error '80004005', or something like that anyway. I've tried the troubleshooter, but it dosn't come up with any explanation. And I've attempted to look for help at live.com, but there help file for this matter dosn't help. I desperately need help with this error...I uninstalled Windows Live Messenger, and reinstalled MSN Messenger 7.5, so I could at least talk to my online friends. I have attempted reinstalling Windows Live Messenger, but it dosn't help. Please, if someone can please post an explanation as to what I need to do to get back on Windows Live Messenger, I will be very gratefull...Please help...If I must format my computer again, I will do so, and if I must use the registry editor for any purpose, I have used it before, and I am aware of how to correctly use it. Just please, someone, reply to this topic and tell me what I can do to get back online on Windows Live Messenger, and how to prevent this problem from occuring again. I desperately need to know...Thankyou all for reading this...
- xDarkesTxElemenTx

This post was edited on 08-31-2006 at 02:31 PM by xDarkesTxElemenTx.
I can be you're best friend...Or I can be the worst nightmare that has ever happened to you...I am a Ying-Yang...Be happy you have that choice, most people don't obtain it...
08-31-2006 11:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: '80004005' error at sign in...
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=63...d=694543#pid694543

Read it!!! and please follow all instructions carefully.

Also google is you friend!!!
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
08-31-2006 11:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
xDarkesTxElemenTx

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: '80004005' error at sign in...
Alright, it seems as if it had worked...But all I did was re-download the installation file and reinstalled it, and it signed in. That is very odd, seeing as every other time I tried that, it didn't work. I only hope it dosn't happen again. Any idea of why it did happen? I'd really appreciate it if you'd tell me, so I wouldn't have this problem again. Now, I know I can be a little knieve, but I believe Messenger Plus Live! may be what caused it. If I am correct, I suggest you update it. This is truly a horrible, as well as very annoying error that it cause's. But either way, does anyone have any idea of what could have caused this error to arise? I'd be very grateful if you'd speak you're words onto this subject...Thankyou...
- xDarkesTxElemenTx

This post was edited on 08-31-2006 at 02:33 PM by xDarkesTxElemenTx.
I can be you're best friend...Or I can be the worst nightmare that has ever happened to you...I am a Ying-Yang...Be happy you have that choice, most people don't obtain it...
08-31-2006 12:36 PM
Reload2

-> The second Reload <-

31 / Male / –
RE: '80004005' error at sign in...
Actually, this error is fixed in the WLM build 812 Source
And also, this page will help you for your problem
08-31-2006 02:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
xDarkesTxElemenTx

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: '80004005' error at sign in...
Awwww, yes, I see now...It was the emoticons I was putting into my name...That also explains why it didn't update right away, because it didn't know what to do until it could confront me with the error, so to speak...Wow, thankyou very much, I really appreciate the help. Great timing for it to crash and for me to wait one day to try it again, huh? Wow, if it hadn't worked, I probably would have just forever given up (I practically did, after being more angry than you could ever imagine, after formatting my computer for the tenth time). The only reason I didn't was because the majority of my online friends were asking me what I had done with my sharing folders, and it made me feel kind of bad. Thankyou both for replying, I really appreciate the help...
- xDarkesTxElemenTx
08-31-2006 02:30 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: