What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » PSP - 2.71 Downgrader To Be Released TODAY

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
PSP - 2.71 Downgrader To Be Released TODAY
Author: Message:
Mentality

The Best Representation OF me IS ME!

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. PSP - 2.71 Downgrader To Be Released TODAY
[Image: Untitled-3revision4.png]

Well heres some great news guys, Seems a downgrader for 2.71 PSP's is set to be released TODAY , tried and tested

quote:
Originally posted by http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?&pg=49&aid=63896&act=success
As some 2.71 PSP’s say hello to the world, others will be saying goodbye at the same time as a downgrader has been successfully tested a few moments ago, with a release time of 7:00pm EST today!

For this one occasion, I grant you permission to jump on your computer’s desk; jumping up and down until you have broken your desk. The reason for such a command is that after you have done it you probably won’t care about the desk, as you have just read that a 2.71 downdater (downgrader) has now been made available! Yes, that’s right – all you 2.71 owners (who do not have a TA-082 motherboard) will be able to downgrade your PSP to firmware 1.50.

Using the recently exploited vulnerability in the tiff library, Dark_Alex (with the help of Mathieulh) has managed to create a 2.71 downdater. You are probably wondering how they managed to create this so fast, and the answer is simple. This 2.71 downdater is a port of the 2.50/2.60 downdater that was released slightly over 2 months ago. This new downdater, like the previous one, will not work with TA-082 PSP’s. However, if you do happen to have such a PSP – 0okm has been working on a softdown (no hardware changes required) method, so you are not left in the dust.

The procedure for installing, and successfully downgrading your PSP comprises of several steps in which one must be very careful. Since this downdgrader is a port of the 2.50/2.60 downdater – it functions the exact same way – just without the need for GTA. So, all the installation instructions may seem extremely familiar as they follow some of the exact same procedures as the original downdater. There were several bricked PSP's during testing but this latest version appears to be stable, but please remain cautious. As always, please follow the directions exactly as they appear. If you choose to proceed with this downgrader, use it at your own risk as bricking may occur.

If you are anxious to prepare for the downgrader (which you are, of course) check out our previous coverage of the 2.50/2.60 Downgrader as the installation process will most likely be nearly identical.

We will have the download and full details available in just a few short hours, so be sure to stay with QJ.NET and PSPUpdates for all the details! This post will be updated as more info comes streaming in!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update #1: Just a few minutes after posting and already an update! According to the developers, the code for the downgrader is still a bit unstable, so it may not start up successfully on the first try. However, it is stable once it actually begins to run and there should not be any problem with bricking if the instructions (soon to be provided) are followed precisely.

Also, as mentioned above, Mathieulh & Dark_Alex did brick several of their PSP's during the initial testings. If you feel like donating to their cause, you can do so here. (Also, mad props to Xairu and Birdman for their bravery in testing the downgrader, as well as joshrulez2 who was the first tester - and the first brick!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update #2: For your convenience , and to save you time, we have taken the liberty of giving you the instructions for the 1.50 helper/dumper program. This program is required for one to downgrade their PSP as it dumps important 1.50 files from a firmware 1.50 PSP. Here's how you can obtain these files (do not ask for them, they are illegal to distribute) -

1.50 User Instructions

Copy the folders downhelper and downhelper% from the folder 1.50 HELPER folder to /PSP/GAME/ in your memstick.
Obtain the 1.50 update EBOOT and put it in /PSP/GAME/UPDATE in your memstick. You may find the 1.50 update in our download site here.
Initilize the downhelper program.
It will dump your flash and some files from the updater eboot to the memstick. (These files are illegal under US copyright laws, so please do not distribute them in the comments or on our forums)
After that, the program will exit. You can now delete the updater from /PSP/GAME/UPDATE
You'll notice that you have a new folder in the root of your memstick called "DOWNDATER". (See diagram on right for arrangement - click to enlarge)

That's the folder you'll have to send to a 2.71 owner to let him downgrade.

Download: [Coming Soon!]
Download: [1.50 Helper Program]

Read: [Forum Discussion Thread]

ALL LINKS REMOVED

I'm gonna be sitting at my computer until the very last freaking second to get me sticky little fingers on this monster. - I will obviously be recording the process every step of the way.

This post was edited on 09-01-2006 at 09:16 PM by Mentality.
09-01-2006 07:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: PSP - 2.71 Downgrader To Be Released TODAY
...i'll just be waiting here with my 1.5 psp...
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
09-01-2006 07:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Wait, is this an illegal downgrader? Like a virus designed to help people? :P

I'm totally confused ...
09-01-2006 08:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mentality

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: PSP - 2.71 Downgrader To Be Released TODAY
It aint illegal Abs just an exploit. :P

The PSP is mine, not Sony's I shud be able to change from firmware to firmware at my own conveniance, this allows me to :P

This post was edited on 09-01-2006 at 08:17 PM by Mentality.
09-01-2006 08:15 PM
Lourix

32 / Male / Flag
Haha very funny could be but if Mentality said its great news isn't it?
[Image: 202180054.png]
09-01-2006 08:16 PM
DarkMe

Thx ins4ne for my av :p

31 / Male / –
I have 2.80 version :(
[Image: darkme.png]
09-01-2006 08:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Mentality

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Lourix
Haha very funny could be but if Mentality said its great news isn't it?

It's great news for people with 2.71 PSP's
09-01-2006 08:19 PM
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
* ShawnZ pets his 1.5 psp
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
09-01-2006 08:48 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Mentality

38 / Male / Flag
I got a 1.50 as well, went out an bought it when the 2.60 Downgrader came out because I'd upgraded to 2.71 on me old one a week before it came lol.

The new one came as 2.50 I downgraded and now I'm in homebrew heaven :D

This post was edited on 09-01-2006 at 08:59 PM by Mentality.
09-01-2006 08:59 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
is there going to be a way i can play downloaded games on 2.71 (id like to keep 2.7 for the browser and the flash!)

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
09-01-2006 09:37 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: