What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Tabbed Chats

Tabbed Chats
Author: Message:
Soil3d

O.P. Tabbed Chats
Hi,

Why are the Tabbed Chats diasbled? I know it's already in Windows Live Messenger 2011, but it's missing one important thing: All about the Tab Bar Settings. In Windows Messenger 2011 you can't choose:

Tab Captions
Tab Size
Tab bar location

and it's annoying because I wan't to have the Tab bar located in Left side on my messenger screen in small size. Before I updated my messenger and messenger Plus, it was possible, but now: It's not because you have disabled that option in Plus 5 version.

Hope you fix this soon,
Soil3d
08-09-2011 10:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Tabbed Chats
Because it is native to Windows Live Messenger 2011 there was no sense including it because a native implementation is always better and less buggy than a hack implementation. If you downgrade Windows Live Messenger to a previous version without the tabbed chats the Messenger Plus! option will become available.
08-09-2011 10:56 AM
qwerty2

Can you please re-introduce Tabbed Chats as the one built into MSN only allows horizontal tabbing and I really need vertical tabbing so you only have to move a small equidistant distance up and down to change tabs, rather than moving the mouse right across the whole page.

I downgraded back to MSN 2009 to get this feature back after an upgrade last year, but yesterday MSN killed my internet and forced me to do an upgrade to make MSN work at all so basically I am now buggered.

The assholes at MSN need shooting for forcing us to do the upgrade.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put the feature back - I really dont care if you have to hack MSN to do it - its gonna be far better than MSN can do - and it worked a treat before.

Unless this is done i really wont be using MSN, in that case Messenger Plus either, so please do it as soon as possible.....

Thanks in advance...
06-21-2012 05:53 PM
woodenflashlight

The Tabbed Chats in the new MSN 2011 [like almost everything on it]  are complete crap in comparison to that on MSN  Plus. Plus' tabbed chat enables it to keep all the chats in one window, so, on Window's 7, when you hover over the MSN icon, there is only one window. On the MSN 2011, they expand out so each tab has its own individual window. It makes it bulky and obnoxious, like everything else on the stupid upgrade.

I used a hack to get to the old MSN 2009, but it started breaking down and not working, so I, like everyone else, was forced to use the new upgraded version, which is crap in every single way.
10-13-2012 12:24 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: