What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Msg Plus! Live not installing?

Msg Plus! Live not installing?
Author: Message:
HollisterFelicia

O.P. Huh?  Msg Plus! Live not installing?
I recently downloaded Windows Live Messenger.  Prior to this, I had Msg Plus! installed on msn messenger 7.5, and was very happy with it.

Yesterday I downloaded the Plus! Live version, and proceeded to install. No matter how long I would wait, the install would only go to three bars.  In the end, I would end up having to CTRL+ALT+DEL and close it, for it would not do anything past the third bar.

I tried downloading it two other times yesterday, and twice today.  I cannot find a reason why it would be doing this..

Help would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Felicia M.
09-05-2006 04:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
RE: Msg Plus! Live not installing?
During testing of the BETA versions, I also had a similar problem. It would stop on 3 bars and be stuck there for exactly 2 minutes before continuing with the installation.

Before you try to install again, make sure you end all instances of Messenger, Messenger Plus!, and Messenger Plus! Live from the taskmanager (Ctrl+Alt+Del). If you have done this and it still gets stuck, try waiting a little longer and it should install fine anyway.
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

09-05-2006 05:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by haydn
During testing of the BETA versions, I also had a similar problem. It would stop on 3 bars and be stuck there for exactly 2 minutes before continuing with the installation.

Before you try to install again, make sure you end all instances of Messenger, Messenger Plus!, and Messenger Plus! Live from the taskmanager (Ctrl+Alt+Del). If you have done this and it still gets stuck, try waiting a little longer and it should install fine anyway.

if you still encounter problems then i suggest the following:

uninstall all versions of msn/windows live messenger. uninstall all versions of messenger plus both pre-live and live making sure that after uninstalling you delete the directories left behind aswell.

once all that is done reinstall windows live messenger and keep it unpatched (no addons) then install messenger plus live latest version and see if that fixes it if it does once installed you can then put on any patches or addons to messenger that you want.

this is a clean install procedure that should help to troubleshoot the problem, if neither mine of haydn's solutions work then please come back to us with whatever happened and we will try to help further. hope to hear from you soon to see how it went.
09-05-2006 06:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
HollisterFelicia

O.P. RE: Msg Plus! Live not installing?
Wow, I don't know why it didn't before, but it installed!

Took less than a minute, while last night and this morning it wouldn't install no matter what I did.

Thank you both very, very much. =]
09-05-2006 09:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
there's a timeout during installation while trying to close Messenger, when it gets stuck its because a Messenger process is blocked somewhere and restarting the computer fixes it for you. It will always eventually continue, it should never take more than a couple of minutes.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-06-2006 05:00 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
great to hear its all working for you now hollis, and thanks patchou for examplaining why this occured.
09-06-2006 05:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: