What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Partitionmagic 8 problems

Partitionmagic 8 problems
Author: Message:
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Partitionmagic 8 problems
Hello, I have a problem with Partition magic that seems to be totally unfamiliar to the internet except for one forum post I found:

quote:
The symptoms I'm seeing are, PQM8 shows all my drive letters fine, apart from one small 30GB SATA volume, which is shown as "?o? (F: )", so the question marks are obviously a clue. The Copy option was disabled for this volume, along with many of the other tasks you might want to do, such as Resize/Move, Label, etc. Evidently, PQM8 is somehow unhappy with the formatting or content of the drive.

On my mystery drive, I have Windows Vista Beta 1 installed, so I immediatelly assumed this was the problem - that Vista maybe uses a newer revision of NTFS that XP doesn't recognise, but I see your post far pre-dates Vista.

I'll continue to investigate and post back here if I find anything.

JJ
I have more or less the same symptoms and problem: I have a small partition (15gb, I wanna resize it so I can upgrade to RC1) that I can't resize no matter how hard I try. It also, instead of proper labels, have ?é?. It also shows it as 100% used in PartitionMagic even if it has 5 or so gb of free space. When I want to check it's properties, it gives error #4444 and I can't use PartitionMagics own error check (chkdsk works fine).
[Image: signature.php]
09-21-2006 04:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: