What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » See who is in offline mode?

See who is in offline mode?
Author: Message:
rainbow

O.P. See who is in offline mode?
Is there a script that lets us see contacts that are in offline mode?

Thanks
09-12-2006 04:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ForestPlus!
Banned

RE: See who is in offline mode?
I'm sorry, but i think (don't hold me too it) this is impossible. I'm sure i saw it in some other thread (other members correct me if i'm wrong)

This post was edited on 09-12-2006 at 04:50 PM by ForestPlus!.
09-12-2006 04:49 PM
minipatchou
Permanently Banned

Search before you post and its not possible as forestplus! said
plus its an ivavasion of privacy and if they dont want to be shown then whats the point of speaking to them, its up to them if they want to speak to you

quote:
Originally posted by ForestPlus!
I'm sorry, but i think (don't hold me too it) this is impossible. I'm sure i saw it in some other thread (other members correct me if i'm wrong)
09-12-2006 05:54 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by rainbow
Is there a script that lets us see contacts that are in offline mode?
That question is extremely very related to "Do blockcheckers work?". The answer to that can be found here:
"Block checkers DO NOT work"

In short: the reason why blockcheckers don't work is because there is no way to detect the real status of a contact when he is offline. It could be realy "offline", or it could be "appearing offline" (or it could be he/she has blocked you).

So it wont work vice versa either; since there is no way to see the differences between those two (three) states, you can't know if a contact is "appearing offline" or realy "offline" (unless he starts talking to you of course; but that defeats the point of this request).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-12-2006 07:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Zeh

DC 4 EVER!

35 / Male / –
Actually I think it could work with some kind of advanced sniffer. You see when you open a conversation window with someone in offline mode a connection is made. You can test it with live notifier. Activate polygamy and then open 2 WLM instances, leave one in offline mode and with the one wich is online open a conversation with the one that is offline. Live notifier will tell you that a conversation has been started. Meaning a connection has been created. You can change the color of WLM in one of the instances so you see that the toast has been created by the offline instance (toasts adopt the color of WLM). So what i mean is, if a conection is set there has to be some kind of response form the offline instance and if there was a way to analyse this response a script could tell if that person was really offline or just in offline mode. The problem is that you would have to open converstation windows to create the connection so it could be analysed.
[Image: Zeh.png][Image: x copy.jpg]
| Windows Live Messenger Beta Tester | Windows Live Mail Beta Tester |
09-12-2006 09:31 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: