What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Request: Logitech G15 LCD Applet Etc

Request: Logitech G15 LCD Applet Etc
Author: Message:
okrichie

38 / Male / –
O.P. Request: Logitech G15 LCD Applet Etc
Alright, hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this. This is basically a request for a script or applet or some functionality to cooperate with the Logitech G15 Keyboard LCD.

I'm aware of the very "specific" nature of this request (it's one LCD on one keyboard design - what about others that are left out?) so please either help to work around that issue or resolve the issue.

Someone made a request for the feature on the Stuff Plug boards and so I have brought it here (under suggestion). Firstly we'd need to figure out what was possible but as I am hopeless with scripting with limited experience, I wont be able to do much of anything, but I'm willing to help out where possible should this lead anywhere. The other issue here is that it may rely on people having the keyboard themselves (for testing etc). However, these are some possible features (copied from the SP Post):

Features might include: sign in toast type events on the display, current online contacts, displaying incoming messages or notifications of user online/offlne/status etc. Current sign in time, maybe even a virtual contact list.

The LCD is basically designed to provide useful tools and information for a gamer during his/her gaming session so that he/she doesn't have to leave his/her game to find out the relevant info.

Alright, have at it everyone :) Thanks again.(Y)

This post was edited on 09-13-2006 at 01:08 PM by okrichie.
09-13-2006 01:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sypher

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Request: Logitech G15 LCD Applet Etc
Since two weeks i also have a G15 keyboard and i like it.

It is possible to get the latest X messages sent & received on msn. For the sign in information, i think you can get it trough the MSN api in combination with the SDK from Logitech (you can create your own dll)..

Or.... Maybe even cooler, a WLM plugin (since WLM supports plugins) combined with the SDK kit.

When i have time i might have a look at it but don't get your hopes up...
Messenger Plus Beta Tester
Plus! Live Faq Maintainer
09-13-2006 01:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
okrichie

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Request: Logitech G15 LCD Applet Etc
quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
Since two weeks i also have a G15 keyboard and i like it.

It is possible to get the latest X messages sent & received on msn. For the sign in information, i think you can get it trough the MSN api in combination with the SDK from Logitech (you can create your own dll)..

Or.... Maybe even cooler, a WLM plugin (since WLM supports plugins) combined with the SDK kit.

When i have time i might have a look at it but don't get your hopes up...

Thanks :) I'd appreciate it. If I can help then please let me know :)
09-13-2006 05:41 PM
Jiggs

38 / Male / –
I'd also like to see this. ive had my G15 for a few months now, and i love it. I use LcdStudio to make up my display, and i can show received msn messages. But, current online contacts does not seem to work for me.
09-13-2006 05:53 PM
bnevets27

– / Male / –
i have seen an applet for the logitech program, i think its by zax or something can't remember. It displays the messages you get. If that could be taken 1 step further and if you could use the hard buttons to make it able to respond to the messages. You would have to bind the keyboard to the lcd and then be able to turn that off so you could continue playing your game. Thats about all i would know.
12-14-2006 06:06 PM
ins4ne
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Maybe that could also be possible for the MX5000 LCD? (A)
[Image: b5c5bb366c94ba43283cc13901380e3e.png]
12-14-2006 11:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Funness

35 / Male / –
Awhile back, I asked dt if he could write a plugin for the g15, his short answer was no. But when I did ask, I linked him to this active-x com dll for the G15. To which his responce was that "that dll would make it very easy since the new (I asked him before plus! 4 was out) scripting engine can load dlls"

Maybe someone now can help, but untill then I will continue using LCDStudio to show msn events.

Someone suggested using the softbuttons to link into the plugin, can plus! read and respond to abnormal buttons? If so, something like the way Wombat's IRC plugin can hook buttons and then send it to mirc would be nice for replying to messages in-game.
[Image: kingofpants.png]
                                        funness.net
12-15-2006 12:32 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: