What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » View Original Name

View Original Name
Author: Message:
hshah

O.P. View Original Name
After I have defined a nickname, how can I easily see their original name?

With 7.5 and Plus Custom Names, I could hover the mouse over the contact and the yellow bar would appear with their real name, but that does not work now :(
09-10-2006 10:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
boston
Banned

RE: View Original Name
edit there nickname and leave it blank then it should return to there real nickname
09-10-2006 10:26 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
There is no way of showing both because this is the way that WLM does it, Plus! does not deal with custom nicknames anymore but Patchou will probably remake this feature again if WLM doesn't improve on their method.
[Image: markee.png]
09-10-2006 10:28 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
hshah

O.P. RE: View Original Name
That sucks! I have to remove the custom name, just to see the real name, and then re-type it to get it back to my custom name! :(
09-10-2006 10:29 AM
yucci

Well, for the time being, u can cut (ctrl+x) their custom name, see their real name, and then paste (ctrl+v) their custom name back again. May it will be easier. ;p
09-14-2006 05:19 PM
Jarrod
Veteran Member

woot simpson

– / Male / Flag
when you open multiple chat windows the name shows in the tab but that's not really less hassle

[Image: 5344.png]
[Image: sig.png]

A.k.a. The Glad Falconer

09-16-2006 03:44 AM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by yucci
Well, for the time being, u can cut (ctrl+x) their custom name, see their real name, and then paste (ctrl+v) their custom name back again. May it will be easier. ;p
It is actually easier to just delete the custom name, look at their display name and then cancel out of the edit contact dialogue.

quote:
Originally posted by xen0h
when you open multiple chat windows the name shows in the tab but that's not really less hassle
I think this is the better way of going about it depending on how you have your tabs set and how long their display name is.  If you really wanted to view it easily it would be easiest to make a script that shows their display name in the chat window, like a modification of the timezone script I think would be the best so you don't have to do too much of the hard work.  I would do this for you but I don't have too much time atm, maybe someone else could do this for you.
[Image: markee.png]
09-16-2006 07:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: