What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Contacting msgpluslive.net Owner

Contacting msgpluslive.net Owner
Author: Message:
MatanArie

O.P. Contacting msgpluslive.net Owner
Hi,
I need to contact the owner or webmaster of http://www.msgpluslive.net/ in order to verify this site on a service at CallingID.com.

I've searched this site up and down and can not find any email addresses for contacting anyone of authority.

Thank you.
09-19-2006 11:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
azn angel

rawr

– / Female / –
RE: Contacting msgpluslive.net Owner
quote:
Originally posted by MatanArie
Hi,
I need to contact the owner or webmaster of http://www.msgpluslive.net/ in order to verify this site on a service at CallingID.com.

I've searched this site up and down and can not find any email addresses for contacting anyone of authority.

Thank you.

here's a hint.. he lives in canada ;)
TREKIE IS MY HOMEBOY <3
09-19-2006 11:10 AM
MatanArie

O.P. RE: Contacting msgpluslive.net Owner
I work for CallingID.com which is a service that rates sites and monitors scam and phishing activity.

One of our users sent requested that we change http://www.msgpluslive.net/ risk assessment rating from its current "High Risk" to the positive "Verified".

Our policy however is not to verify sites with hidden owner identity in their domain details unless the owner provides us with authentic owner credentials. At the owner's request we can keep this information private, but we must review it before verifying the site to our users.

I am a newbie to this forum and I have gone through every page of http://www.msgpluslive.net/ but could not fine any contact information.

CallingID has assessed over 3 million sites and our users tend to trust sites based on our assessments. As I said before this site currently has the worst possible assessment and I'd like to see to it that it is amended.
09-19-2006 11:55 AM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
well i cirtianly hope it changes,  nothing is worse then bad roumors, the Creater of the program that the site is based on it currently on vacation, stick around and i'm sure you'll see him
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6669 days, 20 hours, 9 minutes, 23 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
09-19-2006 12:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
MatanArie

Thanks,
I don't necessarily need the creator I just need the owner information. If there's some type of moderator who could contact me with it I'd be happy to change the risk assessment.

This post was edited on 09-19-2006 at 12:39 PM by MatanArie.
09-19-2006 12:39 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
I understand you base your results on technical tests like domain name lookup, but the owner of the site doesn't really hide his identity, full address is here: http://www.msgpluslive.net/more/postcard/

You can also contact the owner by email if you need more information: mplus@patchou.com. Patchou is currently on vacation, so it might take a while to get an answer.

I just installed your toolbar to check it out, looks like this forum (msghelp.net) is also listed as high risk (I believe also registered by Patchou). I personally think that labeling sites without owner information as high risk is not right. A site listed on a phishing or scamming list deserves high risk. A site that hides identity is low risk at most if you ask me. Many sites just don't publish the owner details for privacy reasons, not because they have anything to hide.

quote:
Originally posted by MatanArie
I don't necessarily need the creator I just need the owner information. If there's some type of moderator who could contact me with it I'd be happy to change the risk assessment.
Owner for both msgpluslive.net and msghelp.net are:
Cyril Paciullo (aka. Patchou)
43 boul. Samson
Suite 270
Laval, PQ, H7X-3R8
CANADA
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
09-19-2006 01:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
MatanArie

Thank you,
That's exactly the information I needed.

Our policy is that any site that requests private information (including email addresses) should not hide it's own information.

The purpose of our toolbar is to make sure the sites our users submit private information to will respect their privacy. Currently the best way to assess an owner's responsibility over said information is by keeping a record of the owners address.

Like I said before, we have no problem hiding the information from our users if the owner requests we do. We can not however tell our users that a site is safe without making sure that its owner can be held accountable for breaches of trust.

Like you said, we perform technical tests (54 of them) but our risk assessment team checks the automatic assessment system. That is the case with this site (and the forum).

I've updated the assessment and both the forum and the site should be verified.
09-19-2006 01:10 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: