What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Myspace Message Notifier

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Myspace Message Notifier
Author: Message:
cloudhunter

37 / – / –
RE: Myspace Message Notifier
A compromise: How about it detects when the toast is pressed, and if it is, stops showing the toasts :)

Cloudy
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6715 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes, 1 second ago
09-20-2006 12:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
A compromise: How about it detects when the toast is pressed, and if it is, stops showing the toasts

When would the toast next be displayed? :p

The script reads information from the page. If nothing is new on the page, the script knows theres nothing to display a toast for. so it can reset itself, allowing it to start showing toasts again

EDIT: 200th Post! :p

This post was edited on 09-20-2006 at 12:07 AM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-20-2006 12:05 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cloudhunter

37 / – / –
RE: RE: Myspace Message Notifier
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
A compromise: How about it detects when the toast is pressed, and if it is, stops showing the toasts

Hmm, didn't think of that one :P
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6715 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes, 1 second ago
09-20-2006 12:10 AM
IamFroggy

Senior Web Monkey Extraordinaire

47 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: RE: Myspace Message Notifier
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:

Hmm, didn't think of that one :P

Hi and thanks for your input :)

I've come up with a solution , of a bogus sort ,what happens is that it displays the toast only once, and doesnt display it while it read that there are still NEW <whatever triggerd the toast> , so for instance if NEW messages triggered it  NEW comments will still trigger it.

Now heres the clever part , it keeps the toasts untriggered while the NEW <whatever> message is recieved (indicating that they havent been seen) , BUT if it gets no NEW <whatever> following   a s NEW <whatever> (indicating its been seen)  it resets itself , so that the next NEW will trigger an event.

HOWEVER for  this means that the  Notifier might miss NEW notifications if a new message is sent within a minute as thats the fequency it polls at, if you read a message and replied and got a reply in less than a minute (very possible)  it would think the new reply and the coresponding NEW <message>was just  the old NEW notifier. This goes for  All the notifiers

THis meand the user might not be notified of events , which was the whole point really. Maybe I could implement this as an option with a warning of low accuracy of  reporting things happening within a minute , or frequency of each other?
09-20-2006 12:25 AM
IamFroggy

47 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Myspace Message Notifier
quote:
Had an alert saying I had a "Birthday Reminder", but it filled the whole toast with text... (repeating the same words over and over) Also, there should be an option to turn of the alert once it's been shown once.

Had a friends request that replicated that error today so I fixed the bug and attached a the new version to the first post
09-20-2006 11:52 AM
jmccarroll

39 / Male / –
Would it be possible to toggle what it checks for? Like say if you wanted it to check for messages and comments, but not bulletins, birthdays, etc.

Also, can you make it to where you can enter your own sound without going in and editing the script itself ... and being able to toggle notify by sound on/off, as well.
09-20-2006 02:19 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
Thats a good idea. not interested in people's birthdays... They never get ME nything ;)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-20-2006 02:24 PM
IamFroggy

47 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by jmccarroll
Would it be possible to toggle what it checks for? Like say if you wanted it to check for messages and comments, but not bulletins, birthdays, etc.

Also, can you make it to where you can enter your own sound without going in and editing the script itself ... and being able to toggle notify by sound on/off, as well.

yes indeedy i always intended to make the sound playing configurable with yes/no , i can make it so you chose the sound I suppose.

Also it would be easy to define what you wanted to be notified off i'll start making a new options screen
09-20-2006 03:18 PM
jmccarroll

39 / Male / –
Another thing... When you attach a new version will you change the filename.  And put the version number in the About window, and change the version number in the script itself.

Supposedly 0.3 is attached, but I'm downloading a copy that has 0.2 listed in the script.  Nothing anywhere to tell me what version number I have.  So I uninstalled and cleared my cache, thinking I was downloading an old one, and the same thing happened.  Did you forget to change it in the script or did you attach the wrong file?

Easiest way would be to put a version number in the file name ... but please put it in the About window too.

Thanks.
09-21-2006 06:18 PM
IamFroggy

47 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by jmccarroll
Another thing... When you attach a new version will you change the filename.  And put the version number in the About window, and change the version number in the script itself.

Supposedly 0.3 is attached, but I'm downloading a copy that has 0.2 listed in the script.  Nothing anywhere to tell me what version number I have.  So I uninstalled and cleared my cache, thinking I was downloading an old one, and the same thing happened.  Did you forget to change it in the script or did you attach the wrong file?

Easiest way would be to put a version number in the file name ... but please put it in the About window too.

Thanks.

Yea sorry about that I just sorta put it together and put it up , ok i'm gonna add somethings to it today
09-22-2006 12:24 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: