What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Odd problems

Odd problems
Author: Message:
Kate S

O.P. Odd problems
Hi

I downloaded Messenger Plus for livemessenger a week ago (to update from Messenger Plus for messenger 7.0 which always worked perfectly)

For a week it was fine but in the last two days I've had a series of odd errors...

The tab bar at the top keeps appearing so that instead of the names of my contact, anyone who logs out and in or changes status while hte conversation window is open appears only as "1", rather than their screenname.

For some of my contacts, the man at the top appears grey (like they're offline) but the contact is online and the message to say my contact is offline doesn't show.

When I'm appearing offline, or when my contact is, messages are rerouted to email rather than appearing on the MSN screen.  At first it was possible to conduct a conversation while appearing offline. 

When I send a file in the conversation the folder doesn't appear and nor does the progress bar, only the word cancel.

If anyone has experienced these problems and knows how to fix them any help would be appreciated

Thanks
09-20-2006 05:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
alexp2_ad
Scripting Contest Winner

Who love the chocolate?

36 / Male / –
RE: Odd problems
quote:
Originally posted by Kate S
Hi

I downloaded Messenger Plus for livemessenger a week ago (to update from Messenger Plus for messenger 7.0 which always worked perfectly)

For a week it was fine but in the last two days I've had a series of odd errors...

The tab bar at the top keeps appearing so that instead of the names of my contact, anyone who logs out and in or changes status while hte conversation window is open appears only as "1", rather than their screenname.

That's a known bug, and it'll be fixed in the next released build.

quote:
For some of my contacts, the man at the top appears grey (like they're offline) but the contact is online and the message to say my contact is offline doesn't show.

I often get misreported statuses too, because plus misses some events, but very few people seem to.

quote:
When I'm appearing offline, or when my contact is, messages are rerouted to email rather than appearing on the MSN screen.  At first it was possible to conduct a conversation while appearing offline.

I noticed this once, but I think it was a one off, you should be able to talk while appearing offline.  My guess was that if the message exceeds the max message size allowed by messenger when sending offline messages, it sends them by email for some reason.  But that's just a guess.

quote:
When I send a file in the conversation the folder doesn't appear and nor does the progress bar, only the word cancel.

Not sure about this, are you sure it's plus related?  It think WLM sometimes has problems like this in convo windows that have been open a long time, try closing the window and re-opening.
09-20-2006 06:00 PM
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
My first recommendation before starting on individual points would be to completely uninstall both Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live (MP!L), reboot, and then reinstall them. If your programs are out of date (WLM Version less than 8.0.0.0182, MP!L Version less than 4.02). If the problems still occur, see below.

quote:

I believe this has something to do with the Yahoo! integration, this is fixed in the latest version of MP!L which can be downloaded from the download page - unless its the bug fixed in the next version of MP!L :).

quote:

I think this is likely to be a server hickup.

quote:

I can't help with this one, sorry... I think it may be a fix for people that you block still being able to talk to you.

quote:

I get this a lot, and I have no idea what the cause is. Sometimes my mate and I can't send files to each other, sometimes we can send loads without any problems. It's not a MP!L problem.

Edit: Too slow :)

This post was edited on 09-20-2006 at 06:04 PM by andrewdodd13.
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
09-20-2006 06:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Kate S

O.P. RE: Odd problems
Thanks for your help

I think I'm probably running the most recent version - I downloaded the most recent a week ago and haven't had any update notices so perhaps the update is on the next released version.

I'll try uninstalling and rebooting and see if that helps...
09-20-2006 06:07 PM
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
I get the messages being rerouted to email when I'm offline at times too. As far as I know this is a bug slash feature of Windows Live Messenger, rather than a part of Plus! Live.

Also, if you're not sure about your version numbers, type (!VER) into a conversation window and press enter ;)

This post was edited on 09-20-2006 at 06:31 PM by haydos.
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

09-20-2006 06:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cloudhunter

36 / – / –
I think if you change the message delivery options you can get it to go to the window.

I'm not sure where it is in the options, but make sure for offline messages it isn't set to deliver to the inbox.

Cloudy
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6706 days, 12 hours, 41 minutes, 54 seconds ago
09-20-2006 10:27 PM
jimoupas

33 / Male / –
I suppose you have Zone Alarm installed !!!

It isnt a PLUS Live bug but its another ZONE ALARM BUG :@

Try this , after you install zone alarm 6.5 so the files in the fix u must edit , exist !!!!!!!!

http://www.messenger.mattchan.co.uk/index.php?opt...iew&id=13&Itemid=2

09-24-2006 10:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: