What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release] Dencryptor v1.60

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
[Release] Dencryptor v1.60
Author: Message:
phalanxii

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Release] Dencryptor v1.60
25 SEPTEMBER 2006
- DENCRYPTOR -
VERSION 1.60

Dencryptor (a mix between "encryptor" and "decryptor") is a script that uses a complex algorithm to encrypt and decrypt your messages. The encryption relies on a key, which can be customized so that no one (but those you choose) can read your messages.

Features: *New!

- Encrypt your message into a unique, incomprehensible encryption
- Decrypt your message into an understandable string
- Customizable key which protects your encryption
- *Five encryption character sets
- Custom block size for encryption
- *Splits messages for encryption if they are too long
- AutoEncrypt option to automatically encrypt your sent messages
- AutoDecrypt option to automatically decrypt your received messages
- *AutoKey option to automatically generate a key based on chosen contacts for AutoEncrypt and AutoDecrypt
- Save settings for multiple users
- *Configuration window

Usage:

- F3: Encrypts the text in your conversation typing box
- F4: Decrypts the text in your conversation typing box
- /DenAutoEncrypt <on/off> <key>: Automatically encrypt all your sent messages
- /DenAutoDecrypt <on/off> <key>: Automatically decrypt all your received messages
- /DenAutoDencrypt <on/off> <key>: Automatically encrypt and decrypt all your messages
- /DenAutoKey <on/off> <e-mails>: Automatically generate a key for AutoDencryption based on who you're talking to
- /DenBlockSize <size>: Change your block size for dencryption
- /DenCharacterSet <1-5>: Change your character set for dencryption
- /DenKey <key>: Change your dencryption key
- Commands are case-insensitive, second parameters are optional

Notes:

The encryption algorithm is very unique and relies on a key. When the script is started, your key is set to its default (your email).

An example of an encryption is:
code:
v29466FJ4LJmQ4h5L6gKji9LA4K296iKMKaml362954kGlEmH4d466pha
This is an encryption using a key of "ABC123". The algorithm is unique as it also employs a factor of randomness:
code:
6qLRJSTRwScSkSTSYSUSBP2R4SWPMswseR3sfrIpMris8s7sBsprjs3p2
This is in fact an encrypted form of the same message using the same key. Both encryptions, however, return the same string if the key is correct:
code:
Dencryptor is quite complex!
A slight change in the key will result in a complete change in the message. If the key is changed to "ABC1234", the message becomes an incomprehensible jumble. Even changing the case of one letter ("AbC123") will result in a major change in the decryption.

The following options are not particularly important, but can customize the appearance of your encryption and the amount of supported characters.

Dencryptor also comes with five character sets: Basic Latin, Latin-1, Latin Extended-A, Latin Extended-B and Latin Extended Additional. The Basic Latin character set (default) contains 62 characters (0-9, a-z and A-Z) while the Latin Extended Additional character set contains over 300. This means that the more complex character sets are capable of supporting more characters, though some characters may not be viewable by all contacts.

The size option also customizes the amount of supported characters. The default size is 2, meaning that each letter is represented by 2 digits (XX). Increasing this size will increase the amount of supported characters exponentially, but also add to the length of the encryption. The minimum size for the Basic Latin character set is 2 and 1 for the others. The maximum size for all sets is 5.

The AutoKey option is a function that is supposed to provide convenience to you and your cryptographic friends and works only with AutoEncrypt and/or AutoDecrypt enabled. The function generates a key based on the contact(s) that you choose. This key will be the same as the key which your friend generates if he chooses the same contact(s). For example, if you select your friend in AutoKey, and he/she selects you in AutoKey, the function will generate the same key for both of you to use. As such, you do not need to exchange a key with your friend. However, this also means that the key is potentially insecure, as others may be able to work out the key.

This script is mainly a "for fun" script, for if you want to talk to your friend in secret in a group conversation (and frustrate the other members). Note that the encryption (with a size more than 1) is many times longer than the original message, so you may want to be careful when sending long messages.

If there are any requests, I will try to implement them. Bug reports are appreciated. :)

[Image: dencryptorprefps3.th.png]

.plsc File Attachment: Dencryptor160.plsc (7.75 KB)
This file has been downloaded 204 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-25-2006 at 02:20 AM by phalanxii.
09-21-2006 06:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Dencryptor v1.00
looks awsome, i might try it
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6668 days, 14 hours, 17 minutes, 39 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
09-21-2006 06:52 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
phalanxii

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Dencryptor v1.20
Ok, I've updated the script to version 1.20. This version allows you to customize the amount of supported characters in the encryption (using /complex and /size) at the cost of the encryption's length. The new complex character set is more than 5 times the size of the original character set, and if set to the correct settings, the encryption can support Asian characters as well.

There is also a save feature so that you don't need to retype your settings every time you log in.

See the first post for details. Any feedback would be (Y)! Thanks!
09-23-2006 03:02 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release] Dencryptor v1.20
That's a very cool script, very nice work (H).

How about a GUI? :)
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-23-2006 03:31 AM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
Very cool script! :D
But what about an auto-decrypter set per contact? So, if you recieve an encoded message from a contact which you have on some list, it'll automatically decrypt the message using the presetted key. That way, you don't even have to decrypt it yourself and the others would hav no clue what you're talking about. :)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
09-23-2006 09:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
phalanxii

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] Dencryptor v1.20
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
Very cool script! :D
But what about an auto-decrypter set per contact? So, if you recieve an encoded message from a contact which you have on some list, it'll automatically decrypt the message using the presetted key. That way, you don't even have to decrypt it yourself and the others would hav no clue what you're talking about. :)

Yes, I had that in mind, but for some reason, the OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage wasn't working for me and it wouldn't show the text that I replaced it with. :@ I even tried replacing the received messages with "abc", and it still wouldn't change. If you could help me get that to work, that would be cool. (Y) (I have gotten it to work in the past, but for some reason, it's not working here. :()
09-23-2006 09:25 AM
Shondoit

Hmm, Just Me...

35 / Male / Flag
The text it is replace with, shouldn't be longer than the original text...
(Not the case here, I think)
Just use:
function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(ChatWnd, Origin, Message, MessageKind) {
   var OtherMessage = "abc"
   return OtherMessage
}

If it doesn't work, try posting the code here...

-edit- and some minor suggestion, try to keep you scriptcommands together using a small prefix, something like denKey and denAutoEncrypt
It'll show up in a group in the ScriptCommands window

This post was edited on 09-23-2006 at 09:38 AM by Shondoit.
My scripts:                            [Image: shondoit.gif]
+ Timezone
+ Camelo
+ Multisearch
09-23-2006 09:36 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
If the source is openly editable by the user, it can be easily cracked can't it? Meaning that the whole thing would be useless? I'm liking the idea anyway and might give it a try for a bit :p
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-23-2006 10:47 AM
phalanxii

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Dencryptor v1.20
I never saved my original AutoDecrypt function because it never worked, but I recreated this one, which should be the same. (Note: This is for the normal encryption, without ASCII characters.)
code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(ChatWnd, Origin, Message, MessageKind) {
   if(AutoDecrypt && /^[0-9a-z]+$/i.test(Message)) {
      var Decryption = Decrypt(Message, Key);
      if(Origin == Messenger.MyName) {
         Debug.Trace(" Encrypted message sent by current user.\n  Decrypted: " + Decryption);
         return Decryption;
      }
      else {
         Debug.Trace(" Encrypted message sent by contact.\n  Decrypted: " + Decryption);
         return Decryption;
      }
   }
}
From the debugger, the script knows when the message is an encryption and whether it is sent by yourself. It also displays the decryption properly. It's just in the conversation window that it doesn't show the decryption. (The decryption should technically be at least one character shorter than the encryption, though this is only when the size is 1. With the default of 2, the decryption is less than half the length.)
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
If the source is openly editable by the user, it can be easily cracked can't it? Meaning that the whole thing would be useless? I'm liking the idea anyway and might give it a try for a bit :p

Yes, I had thought about that, which is why I put in the whole key idea. :D Basically, you and the contact need to have the same key, otherwise you'll get completely random encryptions/decryptions. If you open up the source, you'll see that the encryption is VERY key-dependent:
   1. The key generates a cipher which the message is passed through.
   2. The key generates a sum (of the character codes) which adds and subtracts from each alternating character in the message.
That way, even if you know how to crack the code, you don't know what the key is to crack it with. :P

PS. Prefixed commands are on their way! ;)

This post was edited on 09-23-2006 at 11:07 AM by phalanxii.
09-23-2006 11:05 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
Unless you made a script to read the registry key or text file and got it to send back to you, or upload to a server :p
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
09-23-2006 11:07 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: