What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Is this Normal??

Is this Normal??
Author: Message:
rangerevo8

O.P. Is this Normal??
I had downloaded and installed with the latest MP!L n WLM. Everythg just works fine except the Tabbed Chat. many ppl had posted question abt d Tabbed Chat problems or bugs.. bt i din saw the same probs faced by me.

Like others, i enable the Tabbed Chat. all the tabs/blinking works great. however, i notice tat thr is no taskbar for the chat windows i had opened. as i know, it shud hav 1 taskbar for the windows which grouped multiple chats into tab. n tis taskbar wil change to lastest message n blinking when thr is a incoming message(which is a very useful and efficient feature).

i had tried to turn off d tabbed chat.. and the taskbar bcum normal again.. (which is a taskbar for each chat window)

i wonder this is a bug or it is normal as it is?? anyone having the same problem:? anyone have idea abt tis, plz reply or giv any suggestion/solution to my problem.
09-21-2006 04:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
xDarkesTxElemenTx

35 / Male / –
RE: Is this Normal??
Well, it dosn't really sound like any kind of a 'bug' to me, and it does sound rather more normal...I believe it will automatically do this if their isn't anymore room on the taskbar for more buttons (in this case the buttons of every chat you have tabbed). Did you have a lot of winodows opened when you tried this? If so that is probably why, it automatically groups together all of the windows of the same type/application if their are currently many buttons on the taskbar, because it basically cannot fit anymore buttons. Other than having a lot of windows opened when you encountered this problem, I do not know what else could have caused it. However, I believe you can still fix this, if you wish...Please follow the following instructions: Right click anywhere on the taskbar where their isn't currently anything there that you can select, click Properties, and uncheck the fourth check box on the top on the Taskbar tab named, 'Group similar taskbar buttons', and click Apply. It should now be fixed. If the problem persists, I am afraid I do not know how to help you furthur...I hope this helped though...

- xDarkesTxElemenTx
I can be you're best friend...Or I can be the worst nightmare that has ever happened to you...I am a Ying-Yang...Be happy you have that choice, most people don't obtain it...
09-21-2006 04:30 PM
rangerevo8

O.P. RE: Is this Normal??
thanks for ur reply.. bt it din solve my problems.
i am very sure tat it is nt cause by nt enuf room on the taskbar. it happen even no window is open (taskbar thr is complete empty).

it seems tat the WLM or MP!L had disable taskbar for the chat window if tabbed chat is enable..
09-21-2006 04:44 PM
xDarkesTxElemenTx

35 / Male / –
Ohh, well you didn't say before that you're taskbar was completely empty...Did you install the Messenger Plus! Live Enhancer script? Yeah, by default, that script disables the Windows Live Messenger taskbar button as soon as you enable it. To fix this, go into you're contact list window, click the Messenger Plus! Live icon, hover you're mouse over Enhancer, click 'Preferences...', and change all of those settings to you're appropriate needs. One of the settings is a checked check box that says something like 'Hide Windows Live Messenger taskbar button', or something like that...Either under the 'General' or 'Contact List' tab...Once you un-check that check box, click apply, and the button should appear in you're taskbar. I hope I helped this time...

- xDarkesTxElemenTx
I can be you're best friend...Or I can be the worst nightmare that has ever happened to you...I am a Ying-Yang...Be happy you have that choice, most people don't obtain it...
09-21-2006 05:56 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Is this Normal??
quote:
Originally posted by xDarkesTxElemenTx
Well, it dosn't really sound like any kind of a 'bug' to me, and it does sound rather more normal...
It sounds like a bug (or dodgy script), but is certainly not normal.

quote:
I believe it will automatically do this if their isn't anymore room on the taskbar for more buttons (in this case the buttons of every chat you have tabbed).
1) When the taskbar is full, Windows will add a taskbar button to a second line
2) because his chats were tabbed, he doesn't (should) have multiple buttons but only 1 button

quote:
it automatically groups together all of the windows of the same type/application if their are currently many buttons on the taskbar, because it basically cannot fit anymore buttons.
Wrong... this is a setting/option in Windows. It can be set/unset to group buttons of the same application together or not.

Just as it can be set when this grouping should occur (thus after x open windows of same application)

quote:
However, I believe you can still fix this, if you wish...Please follow the following instructions: Right click anywhere on the taskbar where their isn't currently anything there that you can select, click Properties, and uncheck the fourth check box on the top on the Taskbar tab named, 'Group similar taskbar buttons', and click Apply. It should now be fixed. If the problem persists, I am afraid I do not know how to help you furthur...I hope this helped though...
you provide a solution for something you don't know the OP has. Why not ask first to be more clearly (although he clearly said he has NO button, not 1 button for several windows or whatever)?

--------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by rangerevo8
i wonder this is a bug or it is normal as it is?? anyone having the same problem:? anyone have idea abt tis, plz reply or giv any suggestion/solution to my problem.
It clearly does sound like a bug... But this is the first time anyone reports something like this...

Hence, there is currently no fix for it either afaik.

What is your complete and exact version number of:
- MSN Messenger/Windows Live Messenger
- Messenger Plus!
(you can find the complete version numbers in the about-windows of Messenger and Messenger Plus!)

PS: to rule out some dodgy script (which could cause this): disable all scripts and restart Messenger (that is if you have any scripts ofcourse)...

This post was edited on 09-21-2006 at 06:37 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-21-2006 06:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
rangerevo8

i had no install 'Messenger Plus! Live Enhancer' script or any other script. wat i had install is only the WLM, MP!L and MSN Shell (it is nt a script).

these are the exact version number i had installed.

Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0812
Messenger Plus! Live 4.01.240
MSN Shell 4.2.28.15

i had tried uninstall MSN Shell and tis solve my problem.. i thk it is a conflict btween MP!L wif MSN Shell..

the only reason i install MSN Shell is to hide the Ads Banner, bt i thk MP!L or a script must  be a way to do tis rite? does anyone know the best way to hide the Ads Banner below the WLM??
09-21-2006 11:24 PM
cloudhunter

37 / – / –
quote:
i had tried uninstall MSN Shell and tis solve my problem.. i thk it is a conflict btween MP!L wif MSN Shell..

the only reason i install MSN Shell is to hide the Ads Banner, bt i thk MP!L or a script must  be a way to do tis rite? does anyone know the best way to hide the Ads Banner below the WLM??

Try patching it with the Mess patch from www.mess.be to remove the ad :)
[Image: cloudy.jpg]
Sig by pirateok/marisaok/marisa ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return

6722 days, 5 hours, 18 minutes, 19 seconds ago
09-22-2006 12:38 AM
rangerevo8

thank.. Mess Patch is work.. however, it will better if tis can b done by MP!L. jus wonder y MP!L nt include tis simple functions in next release? hopes MP!L developers considering tis..
09-22-2006 06:39 AM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
thank.. Mess Patch is work.. however, it will better if tis can b done by MP!L. jus wonder y MP!L nt include tis simple functions in next release? hopes MP!L developers considering tis..

This was once a feature...but heres why it isn't there

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=35201
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6577 days, 1 hour, 23 minutes, 48 seconds ago.

09-22-2006 11:15 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: