What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [request] Different DP for different user

[request] Different DP for different user
Author: Message:
dumb_nelby2

O.P. [request] Different DP for different user
i need a good way to have a different Display Pic for a different user (maybe a manager)
09-24-2006 10:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [request] Different DP for different user
quote:
Originally posted by dumb_nelby2
i need a good way to have a different Display Pic for a different user (maybe a manager)
If you mean a different display picture for each user who uses Messenger on your computer: then that is already how Messenger works; it saves and loads your display picture based upon the logged in user.

--

If you mean a different display picture for certain contacts; thus another display picture than what they have set: practically not possible.

This said, there are ways to overlap their display picture with one of your own in a conversation window. But such methods are very unreliable and not to mention dodgy...

There are even ways to intercept the whole display picture sending within the protocol and replace that with a custom one, but that requires a hell of an advanced addon which I think nobody is willing to make.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-24-2006 11:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: